1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8,029 Posts

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I asked the seller the story on it, whether he replaced the cover or got it like like that. We'll see what he's got to say if/when he replies.

Saw that earlier today. Thought "Trueno might like that."

Now if I can just get some time to myself at the shop and start on a repro crutch...

:razz:

t

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I think you have done better than you might realize. I could be wrong, but I have a pretty good eye looks like a poly tech 223 drum to me.

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sasm7 said:
I think you have done better than you might realize. I could be wrong, but I have a pretty good eye looks like a poly tech 223 drum to me.

Actually, we both might have to look at it even more closer...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=107243932

...this one is right down the road from me, will probably wrestle with the Houston crowd over it.

eta: the drum in the auction I won is the same as the one in the one linked in this post. Neither one has the lil tab with a slot that fits over the lil tang.

Instead, both of these are cut out around the tower and have no interlocking tab/tang.

:goof:

t

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Here's my 223 & 7.62 the 223 is on the left.

The 223 has 13 ribs & the 7.62 has 11 ribs.
Check out the handel position on the drum, matches the 223.
Either way it's still a great score!

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
PARSI has new Maadi dustcovers for $25..

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Dang - sweet deal. The drum alone makes up almost half the cost, nowadays!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Hot diggity :shock: since you just sold another drum for $xxx, if you take that off the price of this rifle..........not bad...........add that crutch folder, lets see some more pics!

Nice wood upper/lower colors. :smile:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
fourtfourmag said:
BigAL said:
PARSI has new Maadi dustcovers for $25..

Thank God you posted that, I've been wanting one for a bit, are they numbered?

Thanks in advance

44MAG

They're new so have never been installed on a rifle...so no serial number.

+1 to BigAl for the tip.

t

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Stazi said:
Dang - sweet deal. The drum alone makes up almost half the cost, nowadays!
I agree, and just between you and me I think these rifles are worth the 400-600 ya normally see 'em at. I say this because WASR-10's are easily 450+ lately and Maadis are just plain cooler than WASR's...so THERE!!!1!!

I mean really, you be the judge...

this
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=106955209

or this
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=106906994

Sorry to go off on a tangent there, just kind've weary of all the "350-400 is a fair price for a Maadi" crap.

:mrgreen:

t

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
Trueno said:
I agree, and just between you and me I think these rifles are worth the 400-600 ya normally see 'em at. I say this because WASR-10's are easily 450+ lately and Maadis are just plain cooler than WASR's...so THERE!!!1!!
Sorry to go off on a tangent there, just kind've weary of all the "350-400 is a fair price for a Maadi" crap.

:mrgreen:

t
Shhhhhh, not so loud, they'll catch on. :wink:

Another nice score T, glad to see you bringing another one in, and from the NE no less. :thumbsup:

I'll use this opportunity to hijack your thread with some Maadi range candy... the kids are back in school :dance: so the wife and I snuck off to Knob Creek today and we got to break in the RPM and exersize the ARM. The RPM was unfired and had no issues, was hitting everything after an elevation adjustment and was all around great to shoot. I think it is my wife's new favorite, she shot it the most of everything. The Arm was flawless as usual, and of course is my favorite. :wink:

Thanks for getting me hooked on these T, I need another Maadi fix already.

(yes I know about the cleaning rod walking out, figures it only does it when she's taking a picture.)

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
rayman1 said:
(yes I know about the cleaning rod walking out, figures it only does it when she's taking a picture.)
:lol:

Great photos!
You know how it is, there's always some "master of the obvious" coming along and pointing those things out, thought I'd beat him to it.

T, how many Maadi's does that make now? I think it's time for a group photo.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Girls got a knife in her pocket, a rifle in her hands and a pistol next to her red pillow there, obviously not one to mess with!!

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
xarmy96 said:
Girls got a knife in her pocket, a rifle in her hands and a pistol next to her red pillow there, obviously not one to mess with!!
You can take the girl out of Missouri but you can't take the Missouri out of the girl, or something like that.
The "pillow" is just a sweatshirt all rolled up into the hood, she uses it for a shooting bag.

Where the hell is Trueno? prolly pulling an all nighter getting some OT to pay for the new rifle. :lol:

·
Registered
10,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
reporter: Do you even know what a cleaning rod is?

Carolyn McCarthy: It's that thing that goes out...

:twisted:

1 - 20 of 37 Posts