AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been pissing around with the idea of scoping out my 91/30 for an accurate cheap 7.62x54r shooter. Since I don't have 5 grand for an SVD (I wouldn't spend that much for one either) and I don't see myself shelling out $700-800 for a PSL. I'm going old school...

If any of ya piss around looking through random shit all day you may have already seen this:
http://www.surplusrifle.com/reviews2006/mosinsniperproject/index.asp Read this awhile back but only recently revisited it...

For about $200 bucks on top of my $90 rifle I could build a spiffy combloc scoped shooter.

Thoughts? Anyone else try building up one like this? I'm not shelling out 300-400 to build a PU sniper. Fuck that, I want a 8x at least with 1000m range finder and all the goodies ;).

ahh... my 1938 izzy, waiting for some love :(

Check this dude out, 850 yard shots with his 91/30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgdVF1KsGG8

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
strfy said:
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Russian_Model_91_30_PU_7.62x54R_Rifle.html

Hell I well buy your izzy, So you dont Fubar it Like I did to my 1938 tula
This one is a beater I bought off a guy cheap locally. The faded picture makes it look better ;). Not sure if I'll do it yet, I have a laminated 38 as well that I won't be doing anything too. I'm a purist when it comes to guns, but that comes into conflict with my "Bubba" side at times when I see something I think looks functional.

·
Registered
4,137 Posts
I saw some up at J&G's some months ago. Considering how many nice mosins are floating around, they used some real stinkers to attach the scopes to. Borderline "Big 5" quality rifles.

·
Registered
626 Posts
my 42 izzy 91/30t has seen many changes. it was a $50 gun that won't ever be worth anything and now its damned fine hunter. all i need to do is make or buy something to replace the ATI bolt handle that is short and no matter what i do always loose.
i do plan on buying at least 3 more mosins a sniper clone, a finn, and maybe a laminated m38 or m44, and if i can ever find a nice matching type 53 one of them too.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
i say do it!!! it will be unique and something that hasnt been done very much.....i say do it and let the shooting begin!!!

i just may have to do that to mine now......but where did he get the scope for 110 bucks??

G

·
0 Posts
Check out Rock Solid mounting solutions. I ordered: scope mount, bent bolt, pillar blocks, and a ATI stock from J&G. The stuff from Rock Solid is high quality stuff and not cheapo. I just got back from the Gunsmith as he is mounting my scope mount and bedding my stock. I will take care of the rest. I am building this on an M44, after taking all the non-escentials off of it (like rear site and front bayo mount). I am anxious to see how it shoots and will report back.

·
Registered
21,878 Posts
I'm gonna post a scoped 91/30 for sale in the next couple days...

Stay tuned to the WTS section.. :cool:

·
Banned
88 Posts
If I were you guys I would look at getting shims and trigger mods added to M91/30, or get a M28/30 or a M39 from Finland since these two models are the most accurate Mosin Nagants built.

I have a M39 from Finland, I am converting mine to be a sniper/hunter rifle. Gonna use the ATi Monte Carlo stock, Custom bent bolt from Boltman(guy rocks at custom bolts for 50 bux) himself. Rock Solid scope mount, dunno what scope to get tho. Any suggestions? Need something for 800 yard shots...

·
Super Moderator
12,276 Posts
synisterrabbit said:
all i need to do is make or buy something to replace the ATI bolt handle that is short and no matter what i do always loose.
get one of these BENT BOLT $46 shipped. I have one on my scout rifle and it works great

edit: I just noticed that melbee doesnt actually sell the bolts anymore (damn ebay) he just converts them now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts