AK Rifles banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm brandnew here to this community and already I've been ripped off so I want to make you all aware if you didn't know already. There's someone under the name jasonlit3 that will tell you a friend of there's has a part your looking for and it's affordable. He gives you the email address of his friend and the price seems very reasonable at first. They will ask for the money to be sent through zelle or PayPal. After you pay for the item you'll never get another response. Please be careful.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Not only here. Scammers are everywhere online. A guy on Sniper's Hide deliberately went looking for phony websites dealing with anything gun-related (ammo, parts, optics, etc) and casually found 650+ fraudulent websites.

The big clues are:
-They have everything in stock (nobody nowadays has hard to find items) at reasonable prices.
-They don't take credit cards.
-They only take Paypal friends & family/Zelle, bitcoin, etc.
-Often if you Google maps the address, it is not a store. It's a house or some other non-business.

Beware. Don't trust anybody. Buy from well established companies. Buy face-to-face when possible. Check your credit card/bank statement.

Law enforcement can & will do NOTHING, but think you're stupid for sending money to someone you don't know.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
That’s not a new scam. I never reply to pm’s that state a friend has the part your looking for. I only deal with trusted members and move the convo to text messaging with proof of life pics because accounts can also be hacked. What were you looking for?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Not only here. Scammers are everywhere online. A guy on Sniper's Hide deliberately went looking for phony websites dealing with anything gun-related (ammo, parts, optics, etc) and casually found 650+ fraudulent websites.

The big clues are:
-They have everything in stock (nobody nowadays has hard to find items) at reasonable prices.
-They don't take credit cards.
-They only take Paypal friends & family/Zelle, bitcoin, etc.
-Often if you Google maps the address, it is not a store. It's a house or some other non-business.

Beware. Don't trust anybody. Buy from well established companies. Buy face-to-face when possible. Check your credit card/bank statement.

Law enforcement can & will do NOTHING, but think you're stupid for sending money to someone you don't know.
Related to that, a big tipoff, is if the site has in the lower right a fancy email chat box set up for you to use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm brandnew here to this community and already I've been ripped off so I want to make you all aware if you didn't know already. There's someone under the name jasonlit3 that will tell you a friend of there's has a part your looking for and it's affordable. He gives you the email address of his friend and the price seems very reasonable at first. They will ask for the money to be sent through zelle or PayPal. After you pay for the item you'll never get another response. Please be careful.
How does one figure out who is safe to deal with or not? is finding someone willing to accept physical payment as in MO or check common? I don't use PayPal because the company is perverse and corrupt as hell and always has been. I dont know anything about Zelle.....there is another payment method where you are supposed to trustt the company enough to log into your bank account online info and pay via ACH in that fashion. I was going to use that to purchase some sliver bulion but.......well, I barely trust my dog much less some giant corporation who doesnt have a single employee as tech stupid as I am (no smart phone, still has to walk himself through a simple cut and paste...that stupid).
I have a lot of AK related items I wouldnt mind sellingg......but is it common here to ask for payment by check or money order? Is there a way to verify sellers and buyers other than by......letting people know of someone already being ripped off?
Any ideas for a newbie........please let me know!

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
USPS MOs are a decent way for both buyer and seller to have some protection. but can be a PIA when you go to cash them. Some banks are stupid and some podunk POs don’t have the money to cash the high dollar amounts. As a newb seller, not sure how you’d go about earning our trust. You have to get a few transactions under your belt. Maybe, sell to a long time member here and ship to the item first. I had a seller send me a few items from Ukraine, since the invasion and was unsure it would get to me. He shipped them and I promptly paid him once they were in my hands. I did get burned on an item that was supposed to be shipped from Russia. Then they invaded and nothing has gone out or the guy scammed me or maybe both. First and only time I’ve been burned in 17 years of online trading. I hope he burns in hell, the commie sumbitch!:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm brandnew here to this local area and right now I've been ripped off so I need to make you all mindful in the event that you didn't know as of now. There's somebody under the name jasonlit3 that will let you know a companion of there's has a section your searching for and it's reasonable. He gives you the email address of his companion and the cost appears to be entirely sensible from the start. They will request the cash to be sent through zelle or PayPal. After you pay for the thing you won't ever get another reaction. Kindly watch out.

·
Registered
1,318 Posts
Never reply to someone’s friends email. That will be a scam 100% of the time as you’ve learned the hard way. Get a phone number and actually talk to the person. If you detect a Jamaican or Subsaharan African accent run. BTW your writing skills and a link to sell something in your tag line makes you appear to be a scammer or at least a spammer yourself.🤔

1 - 10 of 10 Posts