AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A prevalent scam has been going on across many gun boards to include this one of members posting a "Want To Buy" (WTB) of an item and then either getting contacted in their posted WTB or by PM d by usually a freshly joined member and/or low count member to contact a third party "friend" by a provided email that supposedly has the item in question.

A few members here have fallen for this scam.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Thank you for the heads-up! What would be the best way to make sure a member is legit? I'm fairly new, bit not selling anything. I am looks for a few parts however.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Just got contacted by a brand new user, directing me to email someone else. Send email, 30 mins later I get this...

"Hello Jason

Thanks for writing. Sorry for late in response as i was very busy I just get chance to check my email. Yes I have the Early Izhmash plum available for sale in excellent condition. Looking forward to hear from you soon
Thanks."

101% chance of scam. Referring member was Jamesbary

·
Registered
11 Posts
Same. Just got a PM from Jamesbary -about a barrel I was looking for. Told me to email Randall in Texas. Don’t fall for this BS!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Think it happened to me yesterday. Posted an ad for a Hungarian FEG AK BOLT. WASEKAY - A member for 2 hours contacted me & gave me an email to contact - they got my first name & phone #. - But I smelled a RAT when he didn't know what Hungarian AK it came from, & wouldn't call me - or give me his phone # (scammers won't talk to you - so not to be tripped up) Even though he said he was in Texas & would take paypal - I do believe it was a scam & not going any further. Beware of WASEKAY & his henchman RANDALL JASON.
bummer, Mr - E

·
Registered
102 Posts
User "fmakr" just sent me this in response to my WTB:

"Hello, you can contact me now if you still intetested, I have for sale now contact me now at _.

Sent from my Infinix X625B using Tapatalk"

Just joined 11 hours ago, 1 post. Scammer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My WTB add, I got 2 new accounts PM me. Obviously scam. Also an older account in 2019 just saying HI to New members.

His "uncle" let me on a bullshit wild goose chance. Trashy DCI Century import instead of the Pre ban Yugo I was led to believe was for sale.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
add these 2 to that list.
gmark789012
and
jasenlarry

Reactions: scottyb and Hootbro

·
Super Moderator
10,333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Here's one I just received this morning after posting in the WTB section...BE AWARE!

VellyRyan started a new conversation with you at CNC Warrior 4 Pc Muzzle Device
Check with [email protected], He has the CNC Warrior 4 Pc Muzzle Device. Got a correct one, You won't find anyone more honest!
Thanks, nuked the account. IP's bouncing between California and London England. Probably a Nigerian using a VPN.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts