1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,438 Posts
I think the link does not work.

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
And, to be honest, you give nothing but accolades about the brace but all I see is an M92 bouncing all over the place as you shoot it.

Your video does not convince me that this is a good accessory for an AK pistol no matter how much you praise it.

·
Premium Member
13,070 Posts
I can't wrap myself around these yet. Part of the fun I have when shooting my Draco is just hanging on to it.....:uzi:

·
Registered
4 Posts
it shoulders up nicely...I put a Stormwerkz rail on the dust cover a TRS25 Bushnell mini red dot on mine...a .308 thread adapter and a tunable Effin-A comp. shoot very very nice. SBR without the paper

·
Registered
623 Posts
Not really a "SBR without the paperwork." Once you shoulder it it becomes illegal.
Wrong. It is illegal to put a stock on a firearm with a barrel less than 16". Regardless of how the "arm brace" is used it is still an arm brace. Shouldering it makes it as much of an sbr as "shouldering" the buffer tube of an AR pistol makes that an sbr.

Is it smart/recommended? Absolutelt not. Could it cause sone headache? Sure. Doesnt change the fact that BY LAW it is srill a pistol.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Video of people breaking the law.. very smart. Much thought. Such character.

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
A pistol is a pistol the ATF determined this is a brace not a stock if I shoot my pistol off my shoulder, forehead, wtvr it's still a pistol. All the sbr talk is bs need to read up on your facts.

·
Registered
623 Posts
A pistol is a pistol the ATF determined this is a brace not a stock if I shoot my pistol off my shoulder, forehead, wtvr it's still a pistol. All the sbr talk is bs need to read up on your facts.
Glad someone else here gets it. Sometimes we're our own worst enemies with this crap.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Wrong. It is illegal to put a stock on a firearm with a barrel less than 16". Regardless of how the "arm brace" is used it is still an arm brace. Shouldering it makes it as much of an sbr as "shouldering" the buffer tube of an AR pistol makes that an sbr.

Is it smart/recommended? Absolutelt not. Could it cause sone headache? Sure. Doesnt change the fact that BY LAW it is srill a pistol.
I'm waiting to see if the ATF changes their mind on this one. There was a vendor next to us at the gun show who was displaying a few of these. Every person who picked one up held it to their shoulder like it was a SBR. Not how it was "designed" to be used. An AR pistol will not function w/o a buffer tube, but a Draco will function w/o the brace. Interested to see how this turns out. GARY

·
Registered
623 Posts
I'm waiting to see if the ATF changes their mind on this one. There was a vendor next to us at the gun show who was displaying a few of these. Every person who picked one up held it to their shoulder like it was a SBR. Not how it was "designed" to be used. An AR pistol will not function w/o a buffer tube, but a Draco will function w/o the brace. Interested to see how this turns out. GARY
They're obviously not afraid of changing their minds after "approving" something, but for the time being, it's an "arm brace" regardless of how you use it. I wouldn't have one, too much of a chance of BS with uninformed LEO, etc.. and it's too easy to go all the way with a tax stamp, to each their own, but its NOT illegal to shoulder the thing.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
It's also convenient how the rubber cap that fits over the back of an AR collapsible butt stock conveniently fits on the back of this brace. So if the cap is installed, then how are you supposed to insert your arm? GARY

·
Registered
2,060 Posts
They very well may, but considering that the bump fire stock has remained legal despite mimicking a FA firearm I doubt they'll change their determination anytime soon.

I am also sure the ATF was aware of the possibility of a weapon with this brace being used as a stock (it's pretty obvious that it could be) but apparently that wasn't an issue.

That said, I still don't see the utility in this device. Even in the above video review, the weapon is bouncing all over the place. AK pistols are not inherently accurate in the first place, just like any other pistol. At close range they can be devastating, and they're easier to conceal than a full-sized rifle (or even a folder); but in the end they are what they are and the best modification to improve their effectiveness would be to SBR one!

Cheers! M2

·
Registered
21,771 Posts
a muzzle device would definitely improve controllability issues...same with the bumpfire stock thing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.