AK Rifles banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better for a first time ak buyer. I currently have reasonable offers for both rifles and figured this would be a solid place to get some opinions. I realize the sar-1 is a completely romanian built receiver and barrel and the barrel is chromed but no thread for a flash hider and a gp1975 has a us built receiver and barrel and the barrel is not chromed correct? Any and all help is highly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Okay and price wise I have a guy who has a sar-1 with excellent wood in like brand new condition and 400 rounds for 800 or is that out of the ball park even for like brand new? By like brand new i mean under 200 through her and only slight wear from engaging and disengaging the safety. There is also one that has had 500-1000 through her but minimal scratches for 650? I know prices have been everywhere lately but im looking for a realistic price assessment since things in the ak world are finally becoming reasonable again.

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Those seem like the going rates for SAR-1s to me, though I'd pick the partially used one if 500-1000 rounds is an accurate observation.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Be sure to check the muzzle diameter on the SAR if your going to thread it. Mine is smaller then the size of the slant brake so it can't be done.

Old Sarge

·
Registered
794 Posts
But.....thats why there is 1/2-20 slant brakes out there.....
To small for even that, I think? Muzzle end is milled down to .4635 Some of them seem to be real small and some larger. Depends on when they came into the country I guess?

Old Sarge

1 - 9 of 9 Posts