AK Rifles banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lately i have been thinking about getting a Sar 1, I used to have one and been thinking about getting one again and putting the romy g furniture on it.. but I always hear that they're made from miltary rejected parts at the cugir factory? is there any truth to this or just another myth?

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
I seriously doubt it. Century imported tens of thousands of these things. I would find it hard to believe that the Romanians made that many factory/arsenal defective parts. I've seen these guns (sar1) full auto version that always run fine. Just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Another myth.A real arsenal made rifle the 2003,and 2004(very few imported) are the best from an overall quality control viewpoint.The receiver is one strong point in that it has the magazine dimples,and the fire control indentations which are found on military style AK's. Also means it came with double stack mag from the factory instead of Century gauging out the single to force a double-stack configuration.Nice furniture on most of them as well.YMMV
glak

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks ya'll, i might get another lol .. I had one that worked solid before other than the cant ( it honestly looked liked the trunions was canted). but I had a sar 2 that was accurate and as excellent as you could get.. Just wish you could buy them in person without a crazy price, find plenty of good deals online but dont get the chance to inspect them, i honestly thought about getting a new wasr because i know they're decent but prefer the sar's look and reciever...

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
thanks ya'll, i might get another lol .. I had one that worked solid before other than the cant ( it honestly looked liked the trunions was canted). but I had a sar 2 that was accurate and as excellent as you could get.. Just wish you could buy them in person without a crazy price, find plenty of good deals online but dont get the chance to inspect them, i honestly thought about getting a new wasr because i know they're decent but prefer the sar's look and reciever...
Also consider that the SAR-1 was built from the beginning to use the standard AK mag whereas the WASR is imported with a single stack magwell which is then opened to accept standard AK mags after importation into the land of shall not be infringed.

They were very good, very underappreciated AKM variants.

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
I swear, that nailoith from the other forum started this rumor. If their was ever a person to spread misinformation....

I find it hard to believe that WASRs and SAR rifles are made from "reject" parts when I have seen many in person and I don't see any defects in them. If the heat treating was off, we would know it by now. Especially being how their are many contractor rifles that has seen action.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Lol Nailoith. That name brings back memories.

Most likely they are built just like Saigas. If they were built from rejected parts.....the amount of Romanian rifles that have come into this country. ....you'd see and hear of a lot of failures by now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I swear, that nailoith from the other forum started this rumor. If their was ever a person to spread misinformation....
Isn't that the same guy that was pimping the "milled receivers are weaker than stamped receivers" myth as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
that's what i was wondering both my sar and sar 2 the parts looked good( maybe not as good of a fit and finish as norinco but still just fine) just like any other ak ive had and ive seen full auto samples on youtube and they seemed fine .. now the cant was real on the sar 1 i had .. man that was a crooked rifle lol i want a straight one

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Isn't that the same guy that was pimping the "milled receivers are weaker than stamped receivers" myth as well.
Yep, among other things he claimes. Good thing he is banned here so we don't have to deal with him.

Also, another thing he is famous for is how "underfolders are known for chopping off fingers". :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts