AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I have a SAM-5. Have not played with any AKs using the Red Star Arms trigger group or the tapco G2 trigger group, but hear good things. Would either of them be an improvement over the stock Arsenal trigger group? NOTE: new trigger group must be as or more reliable than the stock arsenal group. Thanks!

Tapco G2:
http://www.redstararms.com/944.htm

Red Star Arms FCG:
http://www.redstararms.com/488.htm

·
Registered
14,915 Posts
Honestly, my experiences with Arsenal triggers on the M series has been universally excellent.......

But, if you want to experiment, I'd do the Redstar group, the G2 doesn't offer you anything over the Arsenal.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Templar said:
Honestly, my experiences with Arsenal triggers on the M series has been universally excellent.......

But, if you want to experiment, I'd do the Redstar group, the G2 doesn't offer you anything over the Arsenal.
What he said, my SA-M5S trigger is sweet.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
"NOTE: new trigger group must be as or more reliable than the stock arsenal group. Thanks!"
The Red Star uses set screws and Loc-Tite, no?

·
Premium Member
3,759 Posts
The trigger on my M-5 was really gritty but a bit of polishing with a stone in the dremel and now it kicks ass ... :twisted:

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
5thshock...The RSA group does use loctite for the setscrews. Before being able to adjust anything I had to heat it first before I could turn the screws it was that tight.

After adjusting reloctite and it will hold. Had mine for two years now and it's still in the position I left it in.

Just watch what you clean your weapon with, I heard some using brakecleaner. That will solve loctite and you run the risk of your settings running wild after several sessions on the range.

IMHO there is no better trigger system for the AK system.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
(heresy)....

I would go for the G2. I've used RedStars - they are very nice, except for ONE thing... the set screws freeze. Then, they break your tools (yup, REALLY freeze). I don't need that when I need my gun to work.

All of my double hook G2's, on the other hand, work very well, and give me no garbage at all....

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So the G2 would be better than the stock Arsenal SAM-5 trigger?

Trotsky said:
(heresy)....

I would go for the G2. I've used RedStars - they are very nice, except for ONE thing... the set screws freeze. Then, they break your tools (yup, REALLY freeze). I don't need that when I need my gun to work.

All of my double hook G2's, on the other hand, work very well, and give me no garbage at all....

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
"So the G2 would be better than the stock Arsenal SAM-5 trigger?"

Probably not. I don't have a SAM5 - but I buy a LOT of parts from KVAR for my builds. They (and Arsenal, I assume) HAD a very good US trigger group. I only say "had" because KVAR is now perpetually "out of stock" on that item... we'll likely never be able to get them again. I have a couple, though... and they are very good.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts