AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had an idea to tranform my extra SAM5 to a 5.56 version of the new Arsenal SAM7 SF. Kvar has the left selector assembly for sale, a front sight block conversion can be done, but what about the left folding tube stock? Kvar does not offer the stock for sale on the site, but I know that in the past they will sell certain things that they usually reserve for production guns if you call and ask. Has anyone called and asked yet?
I was going to do an underfolder conversion just like the one seen in the arms of the Columbian rebels, but I don't think that adding the folding stock is as easy as removing the rear tangs, puting a plate on the rear of the receiver, and drilling the holes for the under folder. Anyone with experience with this idea?
Thanks

·
Registered
10,181 Posts
Besides the parts, the SAM5 receiver will require allot of milling, and modifcation.. Not only for the selector, but also for the lightening cut which has the stock latch. Could it be done? Probably. But it would not be cheap, and there is the risk of getting it ruined.

An easier idea, would be to convert it to an underfolder...

·
Registered
621 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
An easier idea, would be to convert it to an underfolder...[/QUOTE]

Are the recievers the same for folding to straight? I saw a rifle you had done a few years ago, and were selling it because you didn't like the angle of the back. I believe you had Mario do it, who by the way is my builder as well. I am not too concerned about the rear angle of the receiver, as long as it looks correct for the most part. Do you know how the conversion is usually done? Thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts