AK Rifles banner

Saiga value?

501 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  esh21167 
#1 ·
So since the ban I know the value has increased but when checking ou gunbroker and similar sites the prices are wildly different. So what would be a good number to value a new unfired converted saiga in7.62x39?

#3 ·
From what I see on various boards, unconverted Saigas are going for between $600 and $800. Half converted Saigas (meaning rear is converted to pistol grip configuration but front still uses Saiga hand guard and gas tube) are going for between $800 and $1000. 3/4 converted Saigas, ones with pistol grip conversion and frnt end conversion using the clamp on type lower hand guard retainer $1000 to $1200. Full blown military conversions with the barrel parts pulled, a real lower hand guard retainer installed, military gas block and front sight block, military style furniture and 922 compliant $1100 to $1400 depending on what parts (Bulgarian vs. Russian) were used.

MDI

#4 ·
People are asking prices all across the board, but they just don't seem to be selling. Like ESH said, by the time you pay for the Saiga and all the parts, you could just grab an Arsenal. I bought the few I picked up for $300 and personally, I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one, but that's just me.

#5 · (Edited)
$600 tops if you absolutely must have one, otherwise $450. I know they are banned and lots of folks try to translate that into valuable/priceless but it's not. There is no collector value for a Saiga. Maybe in 20 years but not at the moment. It would be cheaper for me to buy a fully built rifle then pay for a Saiga and have it properly converted. Tapco/Mako crap doesn't count

#7 ·
I spoke with an importer this morning...mags are coming in along with accessories, but the rifles are still in Form 6 limbo. I grabbed one more Vepr last night and
will stop with that. The Saiga's I have had were ok and shot decent, but they were $399.00 and mainly used as trade barter when I grew tired of them. I never
owned a Saiga shot gun, but I have seen some very nice ones. Whether these all become very collectible is debatable, but it seems once supplies are gone there
will always be someone that will pay big money to get one.

#8 ·
I had an unconverted Saiga NIB 7.62x39 on Armslist for a while and most people were offering $500. I had it priced at $550 and decided to keep it and just do a basic conversion.

I like Saigas but probably won't buy anymore at their current prices. I would rather buy a WASR or something that doesn't need un-guncontrolled, lol.

#9 ·
Agree with all. Saiga 'rarity' due to sanctions does not seem to have translated into high selling prices. They are listed high, but don't seem to be selling. I have an extra 'rear converted' NIB Saiga 5.45 I've had listed a couple places for a month or more and the best offer I've had is $550. Maybe GB would yield better results, but I might just end up keeping it and making a pseudo-105 by using a combo GB/FSB and a extended cover/brake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.