AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are all Saiga barrel components dimpled on? Mine is dated 1999, has the longer bbl and both the FSB and GB have standard pins in them like any other AK. Just wondering before I dig into the conversion work. Dont want to muck up the bbl trying to press dimpled parts off or unnecessarily drill out parts that arent dimpled. Also been reading that some are dimpled and some arent but I want to be sure.

Hard to believe my dad bought this rifle for me when I was 14 for $250 at a local funshow, sucks that the conversion parts cost more than the rifle at this point.lol

Thanks in advance:beer:

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Id love to get a .233 saiga. Getting it at $350 would be even better.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I bought a 20" barreled 7.62x39 Saiga from Classic Arms right at the end of when they were selling for $300 and the components were pinned. I believe it was old stock as the trunnion markings were different than the 16" Saigas I have.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Most of the Saigas I've had have been dimpled. The latest, a 20" .223 that by the paperwork was actually made late May '08, had pinned components.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Everyone that I seen made before 2007 was pinned. Somewhere between 2007 and 2009 they started using dimples instead of pins.

·
Registered
890 Posts
I have one of the B-West imported 7.62X39 rifles that's dated 1993, and the barrel parts are pinned on.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts