AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I own a machine shop and I have been getting into reproduction parts for the Saiga 308 and Super VEPR mainly for myself. A friend of mine has suggested that I should make lots of spares of the parts because other people would probably like to buy extras as well or possibly have the parts for custom builds. Now, I am not really into the parts industry or whats hot these days. I am a pilot by trade and this is mainly my hobby. But, I wanted to come on here and ask you guys what parts would be desirable? currently, I am working on bolts, extractors and front trunnions. This stuff is not exactly easy to make, so I would rather not make a pile of them if people are not very interested in parts like that.

I have looked online for the same parts and they seem to either be hard to find or simply just not available. I know there are tons of businesses out there that can machine out this stuff so part of me wants to think the reason for lack of availability is due to lack of demand. Is this the case?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a Saiga 308, myself. It is bone-stock. I’m in the process of researching how to do the AK conversion as far as the grip and stock go. I’m not sure if I need any of the parts that you’re referencing. If you have any pointers, I would appreciate it! Thanks 👍

1 - 2 of 2 Posts