AK Rifles banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought Saiga 7.62x39s were legal in CA, but according to some dealers, the 10rnd standard Saiga sporter is "not for sale to california residents". So, what's up? Are they legal or not? Do they have to be "neutured" or something like every other semi-auto??????

·
Registered
2 Posts
Nonsense. I live in Cali and the gun is as legal here as any other mag fed semiauto centerfire (KelTec, Ruger Mini-14, etc). I know two shooters who own the 7.62x39 Saiga, and had no trouble getting them. Caliber is not a determinant, and several in-state dealers sell them every day. What you are hearing is a combination of ignorance and a flat-out refusal of dealers to ship to California because of the recent state requirement that dealers register with the state before shipping any guns here. Yes, it's yet another idiotic law in an seemingly endless string of them, but Buds, R & Arms, and many other out-of-state dealers will ship to Calif. with no problem. In fact, those dealers who are refusing to sell to Calif. buyers are only helping the antis in their endless quest to keep guns out of the hands of legal owners.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts