AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen references to Russian military or security force use of 410's but have not seen pictures or any documented proof other than msg board posts.

Does anyone have any pictures of one in use? Or links to details?

·
Registered
2,749 Posts
I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end of one! I think it would be an effective weapon against people, in close qtrs not sure of its breaching ability though. Shotguns are very effective and useful weapons and I am sure something as small as a .410 bore has a use, might not be very broad but I am sure it has a niche for military or police work.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I did hear that they were used by the russian military. And the Russian mob! How true that is, I don't know.

It's a good deal easier for civies to get ahold of shotguns in Russia than rifles, at least legally.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
I did hear that they were used by the russian military. And the Russian mob! How true that is, I don't know.

It's a good deal easier for civies to get ahold of shotguns in Russia than rifles, at least legally.
This makes sense to me. Turkey is like that, too, easier to get shotguns than a rifle hence that AR looking 410.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ive found these photos... I think they are from Greece. No idea if they are military/police or guys just indress up

·
Registered
1,097 Posts
I 'd still rather have a 12 gauge. If I'm going to be burdened with all of a shotgun's shortcomings, I want the biggest round I can handle.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just want a new toy and am trying to justify it somehow
as some über cool russian military weapon.

·
Registered
6,124 Posts
Haven't seen the military use them but their various police and security organizations use the hell out of them. With the fine lines between their police and security and the military it's hard telling if the Army may not have and use them as well

1 - 11 of 11 Posts