AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What part, other than the FCG and PG, can you do for 922r on a saiga with a Russian AK-100 folder?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I used KVar 100 series US handguards & PG for 2 US parts, G2 TG & an AKUSA brake permanently attached, that didn't really matter.

An AKB US piston would be a good, functional part to use.

KVar mag follower would be an even cheaper US part.

Are you going to the Fairground gun show? I'll try to remember to bring some followers.

I have 100 series US handguards & AKB pistons there.

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
wgallc said:
I used KVar 100 series US handguards & PG for 2 US parts, G2 TG & an AKUSA brake permanently attached, that didn't really matter.

An AKB US piston would be a good, functional part to use.

KVar mag follower would be an even cheaper US part.

Are you going to the Fairground gun show? I'll try to remember to bring some followers.

I have 100 series US handguards & AKB pistons there.
Your advice isn't gonna do the OP much good. He's got a Saiga 12.

I've yet to see US made followers for one, and am not aware of AKUSA making any accessories for them.

http://forum.saiga-12.com has a wealth of info on the Saiga 12 and 922r.

·
Registered
741 Posts
If we are talking about a Saiga 12 you will only need 5 compliance parts to be legal.

On my conversion I replaced:

The FCG with one supplied by Dinzag Arms (3 compliance parts)
This is a Tapco single or double hook trigger (I used a double) in which the Hammer has been re-contoured to accommodate the larger bolt & carrier. Also one side has been shortened to accommodate the BHO lever.

The Gas Piston. On the Saiga 12 the piston in actually the puck that is located in the gas chamber. I got mine from Tromix. (1 compliance part)

The Pistol Grip. I chose one made by K-Var their part number AK-212B. The matte finish on their grip matches the hand guards and Russian buttstock perfectly. (1 compliance part)

Total of 5

To make everything work correctly you will have to gather a few more items...

If you plan on using the real Russian folder you will have to use the correct 5.5mm pin rear trunion and modify it by removing some material.

If you do not the larger carrier will run into it. I picked one up at rusmilitary.com

While you are there you will have to get the correct forward latch for the folder. It is very different from the one for a 74 and is not easy to get a hold of.

And then there's the trigger guard...
If you want a "factory" style guard you will have to modify a virgin Bulgy trigger guard and selector stop to look like this:

I have a tutorial on saiga-12.com that spells this process out.

The guys on saiga-12.com have a lot of good info on this subject. My build pictures and the trigger guard tutorial are on there as well.

Let me know if you need any help.

sKott

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
sKott said:
If we are talking about a Saiga 12 you will only need 5 compliance parts to be legal.
If his Saiga 12 didn't come with a choke (counts as a 'muzzle device'), he'll only need 3.

You guys need to read up on how the Saiga shotguns are different in regards to 922r.

·
Registered
741 Posts
True...
I forgot that some did not come with threaded barrels....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts