AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I finally got one of those "one-in-a-million" type scores that you see on the forum but never happen to you. Bought this a month ago and by some luck, this one slipped though. The vendor pulled a gun out of a stack and it just happen to have a factory railed gas block.

I suppose its really not one in a million, but still pretty rare and nice to get one like this since the GB's are pretty much unobtanium

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Awesome score! Love it when things "slip" by. My first AK (a MAK90) that was caught in the ban had its front evil features still intact. Just had a thumbhole stock on it.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Nice score! Looks way better with the rail.
What do spetsnaz use the rail for? Pistol flashlight?
Yes, its used for a flashlight mount. Why the saigas have to have it removed but the vepr's can have it and be imported is one of the greater "mysteries of the world"

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I will say though after handling many VEPR 12's, and just picking up my Saiga, that the VEPR is a much more refined weapon as far as the fit and finnish of the parts. VEPR mags seat and drop free with ease. None of my 3 factory russian mags will lock in this gun. I cant tell if its the rear of the magazine or the front of the magwell, but the mag catch will not fully engage any of the mags. Nature of the beast with...

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
The tollerances are pretty tight on the saiga mag well. Just pop them in and out a bunch and the latch will move more freely and lock up quickly and drop free afterwards

1 - 12 of 12 Posts