AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just acquired a Hungarian Sa85m, short tube, FEG import, post ban AK. I think the finish has been bubba-fied by someone, but I am not sure. Also, I have never seen a shepherds hook like this. Is this a legit retaining pin? Any advice would help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
The finish on the prebans seemed a little flatter than that.

in the photo it looks like a glossy rattlecan finish to me but its hard to tell without seeing it in person and touching it. Hungarian finishes are absolutely outstanding.

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
The hook looks like it's a modified auto sear spring. I did something similar with my AK-63D kit until I could get a proper one.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
We call that extree protection in Texas Thicker paint run the surplus ammo all day no corrosion ain't that right

I would sand it off, bag up the dust and mail it back to the seller.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,715 Posts
The hook looks like it's a modified auto sear spring. I did something similar with my AK-63D kit until I could get a proper one.
I thought it was freakin' paper clip, lol. And definitely a rattle can paint job. Or maybe it was just poured on.

·
Registered
149 Posts
If Shepard hook works than it works but yeah that has seen some Crayola Gloss Black spray. These were originally some of the flattest black rifles I have seen. Almost Matte but very well done on finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts