AK Rifles banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a question on Arsenal Inc's forum and asked if the SA M-5 is still in production or not. Their website lists the railed model as discountined but the non railed version as available. I have not gotten a response from Arsenal. Also, I'm wondering about the flow of 5.56 Waffle magazines. I know new laws can change anything, but as it stands will see a steady string of these coming into the country or can any batch be the last?

I keep talking myself into and out of the SA M-5. One of my reservations is the magazine availability. I hate to think what I can get today is all that will be available.

Anyone?

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Mike, there should be a more or less steady flow of magazines now.

Arsenal has not updated their website.....M5 receivers have been out of production for almost a year now.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Templar said:
Mike, there should be a more or less steady flow of magazines now.
This is good hear. I figured K-var would not want to advertise this if the case to keep up the demand. Still, if me/you/whoever was in the market best to get them while you know you can.

Templar said:
Arsenal has not updated their website.....M5 receivers have been out of production for almost a year now.
This is unfortunate but again suspected.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Re: SA M-5 and 5.56 Waffle mags, seen the last or steady str

carb850 said:
I posted a question on Arsenal Inc's forum and asked if the SA M-5 is still in production or not. Their website lists the railed model as discountined but the non railed version as available. I have not gotten a response from Arsenal. Also, I'm wondering about the flow of 5.56 Waffle magazines. I know new laws can change anything, but as it stands will see a steady string of these coming into the country or can any batch be the last?

I keep talking myself into and out of the SA M-5. One of my reservations is the magazine availability. I hate to think what I can get today is all that will be available.

Anyone?
quite F-ing around,.....this could have been your rifle.

now that i think about it i do need to get a set (5ea.) of black waffle mags in 5.56

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Templar said:
Do you know if they have any (near) future plans of putting this model back into production?

·
Registered
336 Posts
Mike,

Don't worry about the mags - get a SAM-5 while you can.

You can pick up the black waffles for $25-$30 each. A bit of a price premium over what K-var was/is charging, but a small price to pay for the quality.

I know some will kringe, but I think the AK and 5.56 x 39 are a match made in heaven, and it is nice to pick up AK ammo at Walmart!

If you get one and can't find enough mags - I'll sell you a few from my stash.

PS. I picked up a Chris Butler / AK-USA 74 build from you about a year-and-a-half ago and it is one of my favorite rifles. Fabulous build and tighter than a prom queen's thighs. Thanks..

·
Registered
4,261 Posts
K-var is suppose to be getting in 20rd-30rd waffle 5.56 mags soon. Time will tell. :neutral:

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
Check the KVAR web site. Their board of directors JUST elected to manufacture US versions of the 223 Bulgy waffles.

(bomb drops)

Thats exactly what they needed to do. The lack of viable mags was impacting the sale of a fine breed of rifle.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you have a link? I saw the discussion that they were looking at it, but I missed the post about the decision being made.

·
Registered
1,530 Posts
See...

http://k-varcorp.com/forums/index.php?s ... 3001&st=45

"producing the mags in the states is a suggestion that came at our board meeting few months ago.The suggestion was welcomed by the board.Like everything else,it will take time to turn a good idea into product"

Disclaimer: I'm assuming that, since this was placed in a public forum, it is intended for public knowledge.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
That is what I saw before. The first time I interpreted it as a suggestion, but upon reading it again it does sound like the decision is made.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Re: SA M-5 and 5.56 Waffle mags, seen the last or steady str

cruzie27 said:
carb850 said:

Anyone?
quite F-ing around,.....this could have been your rifle.

now that i think about it i do need to get a set (5ea.) of black waffle mags in 5.56
I think I'll call tommorrow and see if I can find one from a distributor.

·
Registered
2,981 Posts
Bradley5050 said:
Mike,

I know some will kringe, but I think the AK and 5.56 x 39 are a match made in heaven, and it is nice to pick up AK ammo at Walmart!

wouldent happen to have 5 black bulgy waffles would you? :goof:

a milled AK in 5.56 is the best of both worlds,...you get the AK's super reliability and simplicity,...but with the same caliber of a AR,so ammo is never in short supply,..just kinda pricey. and accuracy that is equal to it.

the reason i love my SA-M5s so much is because i used it to put a snobby ass ar owner in his place. basically he thought his rifle was the be all end all of accuracy,..and he kept making comments to his little bro about how AK's are so in accurate,...well i showed his ass,.. we set 4 empty beer bottles out at about 130m-150m,. got both of mine with one shot each,....he quit and sid his sights where off.

but honestly we where both in the army and both in iraq last year,....so we know how to shoot( both qualified expert),...no way in hell should i have out gunned him,.. bad day for him i guess,....but im not going to let him live it down

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Bradley5050 said:
Mike,

Don't worry about the mags - get a SAM-5 while you can.

You can pick up the black waffles for $25-$30 each. A bit of a price premium over what K-var was/is charging, but a small price to pay for the quality.

PS. I picked up a Chris Butler / AK-USA 74 build from you about a year-and-a-half ago and it is one of my favorite rifles. Fabulous build and tighter than a prom queen's thighs. Thanks..
Oh hey, hows you doing? Glad to hear the 74 is treating you right. You know, I think I only fired about 200 rds from it total. It functioned perfect and felt better than any AK I had the opportunity of firing. Only reason I sold it was to standardize on ammo. Hince my looking at the SA M5's now :grin:

·
Registered
336 Posts
Carb850 (Mike)

I love that 74. Chris Butler / AK USA does great builds - pricey - but amazing quality. I have a 5-year-old that will love it in a few years (if President Hillary doesn't get her way!). I picked up a Krebs 103k about a month after your 74. Two beauties in a month!

Good seeing you on here - and the offer on the Bulgy 556 mags stands.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts