AK Rifles banner
81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
I was just looking at the latest US Customs seizure list:

CBP OFFICIAL NOTIFICATION POSTED ON DECEMBER 05, 2020

And used the browser search function to look for "AK-12"
Looks like the port in Jacksonville Florida seized a bunch of stuff on 10/13/2020
The magazines were marked as AK-12, they don't make clear if all the stocks, handguards, pistol grips, magazine parts, etc that were seized were also AK-12.
It lists what violation was the cause of the seizure.
1447 pages of entries!
Lots of fake "designer" stuff, bulk US currency, vehicles and trucks, about anything you can think of.

It’s not illegal to import stocks, pistol grips, handguards, optics, front or Rear sights, or other misc gun parts like gas blocks and trunnions.

Only thing illegal to import without proper paperwork is Magazines, receivers, barrels, and ammunition.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It’s not illegal to import stocks, pistol grips, handguards, optics, front or Rear sights, or other misc gun parts like gas blocks and trunnions.

Only thing illegal to import without proper paperwork is Magazines, receivers, barrels, and ammunition.
Fact remains those parts were seized by US Customs.
The reason for seizure is stated on every line item.
Reading what importers post on the boards, civilian gun parts and military gun parts are not regulated the same way.
They don't import "parts kits" they have to list every single piece by description and quantity on the form 6.
Same case for military optics and civilian rifle scopes (I read where Cabela's was fined for ITAR violations to the tune of $60,000 for selling Leupold Military grade scopes to Canada without the proper export permits)
There is also the question of financial transactions with Russia.
The US State Department still has sanctions in place.

Every one of seizures on that document is the result of a perceived violation.
US Customs does give the sender or receiver a chance to refute the determination or surrender the items to be destroyed.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Fact remains those parts were seized by US Customs.
The reason for seizure is stated on every line item.
Reading what importers post on the boards, civilian gun parts and military gun parts are not regulated the same way.
They don't import "parts kits" they have to list every single piece by description and quantity on the form 6.
Same case for military optics and civilian rifle scopes (I read where Cabela's was fined for ITAR violations to the tune of $60,000 for selling Leupold Military grade scopes to Canada without the proper export permits)
There is also the question of financial transactions with Russia.
The US State Department still has sanctions in place.

Every one of seizures on that document is the result of a perceived violation.
US Customs does give the sender or receiver a chance to refute the determination or surrender the items to be destroyed.

the main factor in these item being seized is because the person had 24 of each item brought in all at once. which is a flag for them being resold, and the proper permit for the .gov to get $$ was not done.

Ive personally have hundreds of items over the years come in from Russia. but they came in one at a time in multiple packages over a period of time, not all at once. and every one of them got through JFK customs just fine. items ranged from stocks, bolts, hanguards, entire rifle parts kits. a complete Russian Type 2 cut in two minus a barrel. ect...

·
Registered
251 Posts
the main factor in these item being seized is because the person had 24 of each item brought in all at once. which is a flag for them being resold, and the proper permit for the .gov to get $$ was not done.

Ive personally have hundreds of items over the years come in from Russia. but they came in one at a time in multiple packages over a period of time, not all at once. and every one of them got through JFK customs just fine. items ranged from stocks, bolts, hanguards, entire rifle parts kits. a complete Russian Type 2 cut in two minus a barrel. ect...
Oh, I did forget the paperwork aspect of clearing US Customs!
If the sender lied on the customs forms about the content, or didn't declare the actual value, which is the basis of calculating the import duty (taxes) that is another cause for seizure by US Customs.
I read where the US Gov't has a shared database now for imports and exports.
Everything goes into the database, each violation they catch gets the sender and receiver flagged and future shipments get more "attention".
If you read some of the Gov't prosecution cases you will note that ICE watches E-Bay, GunBroker, Armslist, etc..etc.. and refers anything they suspect as criminal to the appropriate Federal or State law enforcement agency for investigation.
So, as you mention, if US Customs wants to know if a person or company is selling items passing thru a port of entry there are ways they can request that info.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sorry to revive a dead thread, but if anybody is still as desperate to get your hands on an AK-12 like I was, I can confirm that rusgunmaster is legit.
One of my packages got seized by Russian customs, and I think it was because of the buttstock. The guy at rusgunmaster sent me a new package free of charge, though. It still took a long time because there aren't many flights coming from US to Russia, so there will potentially be an extra month from the time the package clears Russian customs to ending up in America. Never had an issue with American customs. Did have an issue with USPS telling me they sent my item to the Arctic, but it's all good now.

·
Registered
487 Posts
Just make sure the locking lugs on the front trunnion are intact. I've seen recent kits that have them shaved down. Without a bolt, carrier and a usable front trunnion, it becomes an expensive parts kit.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Just make sure the locking lugs on the front trunnion are intact. I've seen recent kits that have them shaved down. Without a bolt, carrier and a usable front trunnion, it becomes an expensive parts kit.
He actually didn't include a front trunnion for mine. Rifle Dynamics includes a new trunnion with their build service, so I assume it's just a slightly modified AK 74 trunnion.
I had an AK 12 trunnion from the partial rusweapons kit, and it looks the same as my PSA AK 74 (except PSA didn't round some corners). The only difference I can think of would be where it meets the rear sight block

81 - 92 of 92 Posts