AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what happens with RusWeapons.com unable to bring it up . Does anyone know why its down ???

·
Registered
Waiting on an AK-19
240 Posts
Big fug. I just ordered 3 more AK-19 magazines from them too..

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Has anyone else tried to bring up the Site . I tried Gregory Shein by FaceBook Page and got no response .
Maybe someone else can try to make contact . Please Advise about any contact or updates from them

Thank You

·
Registered
30 Posts
I’ve sent Gregory a personal email checking on him and the family. If I find anything out I will let the forum know.

·
Registered
Waiting on an AK-19
240 Posts
And Greyshop's Facebook page has all but confirmed he likely got arrested by the FSB. Turns out he was making illegal weapons or something like that. Got too greedy...

Big F...

·
Registered
489 Posts
And Greyshop's Facebook page has all but confirmed he likely got arrested by the FSB. Turns out he was making illegal weapons or something like that. Got too greedy...

Big F...
Where does it specifically say he was making illegal weapons? He lives in Izhevsk and the arrests happened in other cities. Could be he just pulled the plug or was told to do so. Could also be his name popped up after the arrests when asked where some of the gun parts came from or he knew someone and got scared and decided to play low key.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Either way, it was another good thing that has disappeared. I got a really nice stock set from him and seemed like a pretty straight laced kid just trying to make his way in life. It's always a risky business dealing in guns over there because sooner or later thugs come to your door for goods and there's pressure. Hopefully, if he's under investigation, he'll be cleared.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Just got some info on what's happening; not from Rusweapons, but an on-line Russian news media source. Two years ago in Crimea someone detonated a bomb killing 21 people and injuring many at a college. Recently, a group of individuals in Crimea were caught restoring military weapons to be used for terrorism. The latest crack-down is the result of these terrorist activities. Groups of individuals are restoring deactivated military weapons and selling them on the black market to individuals who are connected with terrorism. Russia is trying to make regulations to stop the sale of all military deactivated weapons and is tightening up gun ownership even further as a result. It could very well be that Rusweapons was shut down due to the new rules.

·
Registered
Waiting on an AK-19
240 Posts
Oof. Yeah, mafia crime and terrorism has always been a massive problem in Russia and it's only gotten worse since then. Sad because trying to make a living selling militaria in Russia is apparently difficult enough...

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
Russian stuff will be so expensive in the future that I won’t beable to afford it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Weaponmark

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago and he said that he had some issues with the police and his lawyer was trying to take care of it.
Maybe they brought him in but if I hear back from him I'll let you guys know.

·
Registered
818 Posts
I don't know the exact details, but suffice to say we will not be hearing from Greg for the foreseeable future.

F

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
I don't know the exact details, but suffice to say we will not be hearing from Greg for the foreseeable future.

F
Any idea what he was arrested for or charged with?

Richard

·
Premium Member
625 Posts
I can't say what happened in Gregory's case but other sellers have been detained in the past and just had to show they were buying and selling legal deacts. If he got caught up in what was described above then it could be far worse. Glad I did not sell my SVDS kit and barrel. I think I will keep my SVD and SVDS for a while.

·
Registered
351 Posts
This really stinks. I am waiting on some parts and looks like some got caught in customs. My dreams of building a certain rifle might be ruined 😭.

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
This really stinks. I am waiting on some parts and looks like some got caught in customs. My dreams of building a certain rifle might be ruined 😭.
Did you get a tracking number for your parts? The last time he was online on Viber was Aug 23rd.
Hopefully your parts already shipped.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Did you get a tracking number for your parts? The last time he was online on Viber was Aug 23rd.
Hopefully your parts already shipped.
I have received about a third of my parts. Two packages have been at Russian customs since May, and one package in July is "held by export Customs/Security " in Russia. So I think I might be screwed.

Reactions: AKFAN

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
I have received about a third of my parts. Two packages have been at Russian customs since May, and one package in July is "held by export Customs/Security " in Russia. So I think I might be screwed.
I have three packages stuck at customs since mid August, tracking showing they are still at the border. Nothing we can really do but hope for the best I guess.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts