AK Rifles banner

321 - 340 of 349 Posts

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
I’m sure many of you’ve seen this come up in search’s and watched in horror .. but I came across it today again and thought I’d share my pain with those of you that may not have seen it.
Warning
This will hurt your heart even if your a forgiving person.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Is that a 1951

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
I’m sure many of you’ve seen this come up in search’s and watched in horror .. but I came across it today again and thought I’d share my pain with those of you that may not have seen it.
Warning
This will hurt your heart even if your a forgiving person.

I'm no T1 expert, but what about that video is so bad? Looks like a decent kit with a good intentioned owner trying to get it rebuilt?

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
  • Press and pin barrel?

·
Registered
394 Posts
The barrel assembly in that video looks like it came from a Vector build where they turned the threads off. Same shitty finish and everything.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The barrel assembly in that video looks like it came from a Vector build where they turned the threads off. Same shitty finish and everything.
In the video, he says hes just using it as a comparison to compare typical AKM parts to Type 1 parts, and says he would never install that barrel on a rifle.

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Well just the fact I guess he really doesn’t understand what he has - the value of it - how they where built - what’s been done to it ..... the list could get pretty long.
Im no expert either but I know enough to know he’s waaaay off base.

Clearly he doesn’t get that it’s a old deactivated rifle ... the bottom of the trunnion and receiver has been milled away and a patch welded on.
Or that the barrel was cut lengthwise.

And plans to weld on the RSB and giggles about it ... Jesus

BTW
I pretty sure he’s edited that video because the first time I watched it he said he had plans to use an AKM barrel and parts
Planed to use the hole in the trunnion to pin the barrel.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Was it a parked PLO to start with?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Years ago i had a parked 1951 PLO Kit

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
At that time i was new to AKs and thought i had a mint demilled super early Russian AK47. I didnt know it had been refurbed.

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Not all of them.

321 - 340 of 349 Posts