AK Rifles banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked this one up at a militaria trade show in Frankfurt Germany back in 1990. It has a hollow warhead with a screw on cap at the tip. It appears to be a training aid, as it has a paper article written in German taped to the side.

·
Registered
878 Posts
If you decide to get rid of it, please let me know. I have the other part of that and could use that for our training classes.

·
Registered
878 Posts
In reviewing old pics, I am not sure that is a SPG-9 round. It does not look much at all like the ones we had in Afghanistan. Maybe it is beacuse it is missing the propelant case, but the warhead looks more like the RPG-22 warhead.

But if you decide to get rid of it....... :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PvtPyle said:
In reviewing old pics, I am not sure that is a SPG-9 round. It does not look much at all like the ones we had in Afghanistan. Maybe it is beacuse it is missing the propelant case, but the warhead looks more like the RPG-22 warhead.

But if you decide to get rid of it....... :mrgreen:
I'm no expert on Russian munitions, but the paper taped to the body calls it a: RuckstoBfreie Panzerabwenrkanone SPG-9 HEAT. Something like that. It goes on to give details of range, ballistics, etc, etc. As for selling it; I'm not interested in parting with it at this time. Thanks anyway. :wink:

·
Registered
878 Posts
Yeah, the ones we had looked a bit different and they had the propelant charge. I pulled apart an 18 and 22 and the warheads looked very similar down to the fins.

Ones of these days I will have to dig up my pics of them.

If anyone comes across an inert one, or even a casting, I am looking for one for our SPG-9.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I just followed the link, that is the first sight for the SPG-9 I have ever seen. Does anyone know where to find one for sale? Or know of a good online translation program that can translate the site?

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
I hope that tea towel he has on his head falls over his eyes and he stands right behind the rear when it is fired... and backblast owns him.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts