AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was at a local shop and found a single Russian Ruck for only $7.69 after taxes. It's stamped inside, made in 1988, NOS. I know someone posted before picture instructions on how to properly secure the straps around the top. My searching has not given me luck. If you know what I'm talking about and can help, thanks. INFANTRY

· Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, but it's not the RD 54 model. It's like the WWII model, only the post war model has a name tag slot, 2 tie down straps per side for a great coat or shelter half, and one small external pocket one the back. The ruck is basicly just a large sack with a drawl string top closure. The shoulder straps secure the top, I just can not remember how.

· Registered
1,182 Posts
The often sighted way was to simply make a loop with the pack straps and slip it over the cinched down end of the bag. I found that actually using the drawstring to secure the packstraps to be more secure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.