AK Rifles banner
41 - 60 of 68 Posts
Discussion starter · #41 ·
ok, we had some time to compare it to the Kobra.

here is a few shitty pix but you get the point

individual view
kobra

pk-06

so- overall
Kobra is much bigger unit. PK-06 is a fraction of a size compared to its older predecessor. Field of view- not sure if you guys can see, but the FOV is nearly identical.

pros for Kobra- it has multiple brightness levels, unlike the PK-06, which only has (2)
Pros for PK-06 - smaller, more robust, weighs much less.

honestly- PK-06 seems like a better made unit....if I can only figure out WHERE THE HELL does the battery go!

It has to be something simple for the battery that you just have not seen yet. How long before you get the instructions?

Discussion starter · #43 ·
instructions? read? me read? I don't know how to read, I am not a LOOSER.

When all else fails, read the instructions.:grin: Seriously though, I bet its pretty easy once you find out. If these are waterproof, there is likely a screw involved.

Discussion starter · #45 ·
hehe, do you know where that was from? that was Master Shake from Aqua teen hunger force.....I don't know how to read! I am not a loser!<br><br>actually I figured it out. its quite small right on top, would have never guessed it was there...

As far as the circuitry ghosting effect I think it's a design flaw of the PK06. I can reproduce it at will and in bright sunlight it can be very bad regardless of the distance between the optic and the eye. I think it's because of the lack of sunshade or hood and if it had one like the Kobra I doubt it would be an issue at all. The effect is apparent in most all lighting conditions (the circuitry reflection is there but very faint in overcast lighting) and is particularly bad in bright sunlight facing the sun.

Green Tree Water Grass Landscape

Having said that I think the optic is interesting and has potential. I'm thinking of how to build my own sunshade for it.

They do fit on the AKSU with Stormwerkz rail
Gun Firearm Rifle Trigger Air gun

Z

Discussion starter · #49 ·
I have personally seen this exact optic on a vepr-12. It was perfect. I still chuckle when people bring up the "hologram microchip" effect. The only time I see it when I "look" for it and try to re-create the effect. In fact, I gave mu whole setup to Arik, to finger bang last month. So far zero complaints

I have it, did see the hologram but because I knew what to look for. It does depend on how bright it is outside and where the sun is shinning from. I saw it when it was sunny and the sun was in front of me. It really isnt that big of a deal. The brigtness settings are ok. I wear glasses so maybe that makes it better for me or it doesnt show up on camera like it does in person but its bright enough to see and if it isnt its because youre squintin from the sun anyway. For the size, wheight and money you really cant go wrong with it unless you get a deal on something else.

Discussion starter · #52 ·
I have a guy doing some night vision testing with it. I'll post it when I get the report.
well I can tell you that his report will be fine, however it is NOT NV compatible. The lowest brightness setting is far too bright for current NV optics. Surely, you will be able to see it, bright as day - but that is not good for your NV. If you look either at Russian pk-01VM or Swedish Aimpoints that have NV compatibility- the first 2 setting on both optics cannot be seen with a naked eye. Even you if you put your hand on the exit objective, blocking any light going in and look through the optic- you will not see the red dot. But you will with a proper NV.

The lowest setting on PK-06 is far to bright. you can see it even during a bright day. that's just how bright the dot is.

well I can tell you that his report will be fine, however it is NOT NV compatible. The lowest brightness setting is far too bright for current NV optics. Surely, you will be able to see it, bright as day - but that is not good for your NV. If you look either at Russian pk-01VM or Swedish Aimpoints that have NV compatibility- the first 2 setting on both optics cannot be seen with a naked eye. Even you if you put your hand on the exit objective, blocking any light going in and look through the optic- you will not see the red dot. But you will with a proper NV.

The lowest setting on PK-06 is far to bright. you can see it even during a bright day. that's just how bright the dot is.
I definitely can't see the lowest setting during a bright day, but it is visible in low light conditions.

I don't personally use NV, is it an issue with washing out the rest of the image?

Bump for an interesting (to me, at least) question - did anyone come up with a base for the optic? As someone else pointed out here, the screws are such that you don't really seem to want to install or remove the sight using them too often.

Makes sense. Could you, by any chance, recommend an AR-compatible base off of the top of your head? What makes this a PITA for me is that I've somehow decided I want it on top of a flat-railed Armalite.

(I know, I know, but at least it's a chrome-lined 7.62x39 AR.)

What's up Voron? It's been a long time brother...lol...I'm in the process of upgrading my SGL/ AK 103 with Zenitco Rails and extended charging handle. I'm looking for a Russian Optic (Red Dot) to put on it...The PK-06 looks great. Is this site used by the Russian Military or is it a commercial only?

41 - 60 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.