AK Rifles banner
21 - 40 of 68 Posts
The optic is excellent in all respects. The microchip reflection will not occur when the head and eye are correctly aligned to the sight - marginally centered is all that's required..... Field of view is wide at all angles without any obstruction from the enclosure housing...One other point missed in the article is the PK-06 ability to perform extremely well in very low light conditions. The optic quality is excellent, with good light gathering ability....Mounting on an M4 platform will require some trial and error for optimum position for the shooter's eye and may vary based on position of the collapsible stock (forward/rear).... Bottom line- solid unit & good tactical choice for an AK or M4 platform.

dude that's great point. I didn't even think about the positioning of the scope on the rifle. I always like for the optic to sit close to my eye. That's why I never cared for ulimak-gas tube replacement.
when I get home will re-mount the optic further out, kinda like you had originally setup and see if the microchip effect worsens
Bingo! I am pretty sure that is why the "roach" was more visible. In my experiments, it was a little more visible during sunset, when sun was BEHIND me. But even then, it was more usable than on your pictures. Just like Voron, I never liked gas tube as optics attachment point.

The reason package got stuck at the customs is because Belarus is on the same list as Syria, Iran, Cuba and North Korea. Besides that, you can not send "dual use" goodies out of the county without Commerce Deprtment's license. If you would send it Germany, or to say Poland, it would fly under the radar. Because you have declared it as a scope, and because it is Belarus it got pulled over. This could actually turn in to a Federal Administrative charges against you. Worst case scenario, confiscation of the package and because of first offense $500 fine. Also, you will never cross US border via "Nothing to Declare" line (in which case I would recommend to always give yourself additional at least 2 hours in your schedule for anything up to cavities search). Second offense can turn in to a Federal felony. You don't want to go there. But all of that is a whole different conversation... I seriously recommend you NOT to stir the pot and just write that one off. The more noise you make, the more chances that all of this will turn against you. Best case scenario, is that after 6 months your package will come back to you saying something like "This commodity requires additional licensing by Commerce and State departments".
Good Luck...

Edit, nevermind, I just realized who you are and you have tons of AK stuff for sale on Gunbroker.

Would you mind doing a write up on the Venezuela PKA and in addition, maybe test this particular optics battery life. Also, does it have a shut off like an Eotech say- after four hours?

Thanks,

7n6

I am going to list them tonight at introductory price of $285 at Gunbroker.
If people will start buying them, I will order more and price will be more like 299~340. It all depends on exchange rate, customs duties, (ever changing) shipping charges.

I have tested one too (not as ruthlessly though) on my new Vepr-12 side folder and on M-4 AR. It held recoil of 12Ga perfectly. At 100 yards Legal size sheet was killed dead 5 out of 5.
This scope is actually ideal for AR platform. Again, the two issues that users might object to are:
-- the "microchip" roach like reflection visible in some lighting conditions
-- having only two brightness modes for the reticule
However, the weight of 90 grams, the size, (apparently) the durability and sturdiness, and Kobra like super-reticule make up for those bugs.

Oleg K.
when will you have them on GB?

Discussion starter · #37 ·
hey no problem, man, i love doing this shit. I got a lot of PMs asking about the Kobra comparison. Dead_eye brought down his. we compared the field of view, brightness settings, weight and other aspects. will post that up when I get chance

Discussion starter · #39 ·
dude do you want me to bring it down with me? I will be down in Philly after 8....

21 - 40 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.