AK Rifles banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

These are photos of modern russian silencer "ATG" (автоматный тактический глушитель - rus) from my collection. Made by Izmash. Now this model of silencer in use of russian SSO (special forces) in Syria.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
does this type use special ammo still and is it difficult to legally own in russia for collecting purposes?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
No rubber block in it and shaped baffles look to be what sets it apart from PBS-1 for 7.62 at least? very interesting

I'll take it! Discreet Papal ok? hehehe:p

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Any way to get closer pic of baffles. Trying to figure out the exact shape of them ? plus could you post a pic of bottom side of the insert that goes into base piece?

Great Post!

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
I like how it ratchets using the detent on the fsb, very simple way to secure it from losing with use and the way it's cut you only have to press back the detent to take it off.

Would really love to see some up close of the baffle stack, and some measurements.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
OP, more pictures of this would be appreciated, I'd love to see some more angles of the tube, markings etc. Would like to try and make a clone here of it.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
I guess me and myst173 are only ones keeping thread alive.

Looks like discs are just bowl shape with shaping to conform around assembly posts. maybe these negated use of rubber block or are the rubber blocks still used for these?

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Russmilitary has some pics of a couple suppressors on there. Looks like they reused the tube layout and baffle stack layout from a pbs model. The baffles themselves and the mount looks to be the main change. Would like to see a couple closeups of the lever, it looks like the flat lever is some kind of takedown lock?

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
If the flat lever is same as regular PBS-1 it is just the ratcheting release to open suppressor body up, if that is what you are referring to. I have handled the real PBS-1 extensively and am quite familiar with it. Not sure about Rusmilitary copy. Usually ptica is very accommodating he is probably just busy right now

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
You know of any good detail drawings or pics of the latching mechanisim and the PBS in general? I think I'm going to try and clone this later on this year.

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
I could get some of the PBS-1 but it will be a couple of weeks.
Cool, whenever you get a chance would be great.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,287 Posts
Very nice! Thanks for the pics!
Any idea what the slot in the base is for? Maybe indexing the baffle stack?
Did you happen to take any measurements?

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
I'd be curious to know the diameter of the exit hole. My guess is that its diameter is bit larger, relative to the size of the bullet, than the suppressors commonly available here. It doesn't seem possible for a suppressor to be consistently and perfectly concentric to the barrel if its not actually mounted to the barrel - there will inevitably be variation from rifle to rifle because the front sight block/gas block is a cast part. Some threads will be dead on with the barrel alignment, others won't, so the suppressor has to provide enough clearance to allow for this variability.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Sorry myst. Pics will come in next couple of days. I've been busy dying lately. PBS-1 will not work without rubber baffle in place, it is what helps snug it up. There is a slot on PBS-1 as I can't see these other pics on this computer but slot on PBS-1 is for tab on rubber baffle.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts