AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been trying to find a tourniquet to use to wrap my metal stock like shown in the photo below on the AKMS all the way to the right.

I haven't found an original or a suitable substitute. Has anyone else come up with one of these? If so, where did you get it?

I'd also be interested in a Russian field dressing too, if anyone knows where to get one.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the photos I've seen it just looks like a rubber strap, not a tube.

I know a lot of folks in the medical profession and I've showed them pics and they have all said that they haven't seen anything like it in the US (as far as getting it from a medical supplier). But then again in civilian circles touniquets are frowned upon in general.

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
Mike_F said:
In the photos I've seen it just looks like a rubber strap, not a tube.

I know a lot of folks in the medical profession and I've showed them pics and they have all said that they haven't seen anything like it in the US (as far as getting it from a medical supplier). But then again in civilian circles touniquets are frowned upon in general.
Well, not often in the civilian world do you have radical aputation i and not being near a good med facility...

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
One package contains 100 tourniquets, for like 10 rubles... S&H is gonna be hell though in relation to product cost.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Resuscitating this old beast to actuality...I just ordered a russian tourniquet strap from www.frontofrussian.com. Talk to Alexei, he runs an Ukranian based company and sells these for 10 USD per piece excl. S&H.

http://www.frontofrussia.com/field4.html

Look on the bottom of the page

He's quick with email replies and speaks good English

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Do you know if he has the bandages, as well?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
No problem here..

Haven't checked for field dressings, but I suppose he should have them

·
Registered
225 Posts
If you want to do the Soviet Afghan War look you can use a NATO First Field Dressing , the Soviet Forces liked them better than their own as they were water proof and camouflage, the "Dustmen" (or another slang term "Ghosts" or even "Wood chips") were supplied them by he West, the Soviet Army captured a lot of them over the years of conflict.

Taped in the Butt of a Weapon System with a tourniquet is a good period look.

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
People's Army, You don't post very often, but always have some good info.
What do the NATO bandages look like?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts