AK Rifles banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this pic from the in-service photo thread:

it looks like the trigger guard is akin to an AKM-style as opposed to the bulgarian style with the rectangular depression.

Are my eyes deceiving me, or would an AKM-style be appropriate for a russian clone build?

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
probably be ok for an early style clone.

the 5.45 kit i picked up several years ago came with an AKM guard.

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
k, so akm trigger guard.

non-rolled buttstock? ribbed for her pleasure, or smooth?

vented/non hg's?

love you guys. :wink:

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
Mine came with non rolled-ribbed buttstock.

I changed the handguards long ago so I can't help you there

I would check with the Xperts like Stottman to be sure..

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I have heard from some guys in the SandBox that surprising they have came across Krinkovs with AKM type trigger guards and not the standerd AK-74 trigger guards...

·
Registered
4,517 Posts
Maybe the Soviets were having as much trouble finding Krinkov trigger guards as we are... :lol:

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
okay screw it. i don't care about the little stuff. pg/handguards and engraving are what i'm gonna focus on. that's the easiest stuff to take care of. :grin:

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Armed Ferret said:
okay screw it. i don't care about the little stuff. pg/handguards and engraving are what i'm gonna focus on. that's the easiest stuff to take care of. :grin:
You got a line on some Handguards yet?

·
Registered
2,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
not yet. that'll be one of the later things i get most likely. tantal doesn't return emails and oleg's out of stock on sets.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I couldn't wait any more...the suspense was killing me. I used an AKM trigger guard and then realy went off the deep end.. I put a fixed trunion in the rear.

Forgot to mention the rear trunion was for my Beryl stock...not traditional, but I like her...shes sexy.

Will try to get some pics.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts