AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a couple of bakelites from these folk some FOUR MONTHS Back, and still have not received them. First they shipped them incorrectly, and then returned to shipper via carrier, and then for the past 3.5 months they have been saying it's in the mail. :mad:
I suggest staying far and wide from these folks.

http://www.floridagunworks.com/Merchant ... KA+AK+MAGS

·
Registered
588 Posts
I have browsed their website several times and have been tempted but their lack of contact info such as a physical address and phone made it suspicious. Checked with the BBB amd they have a poor record too.

·
Registered
3,583 Posts
There are many unsatisfied folks here and elsewhere dealing with this outfit. I am surprised that they still get sales now. I guess thats why they are still around.

·
Registered
399 Posts
They are slimy.The no contact thing just raises every red flag i have.NO WAY to talk to anyone...come on....
Had ordered something small from them about a year ago-made sure someone had to sign for payment-after months of being pissed i let it go.Life lesson learned.

Thanks
Bob

:mad:

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
Damn, research first. I didn't buy from them after looking and asking around to find out they are one of the worst places on the net.

Going by their reputation, they never had those mags in inventory. They'll process their order, and IF they came across them in the future, they'll mail em out, if they remember.

They are also known as Florida Gun Works. Also be aware of FTFIndustries, and Joeken.

Hope it works out for you. Keep us updated.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Those Izzys looked so nice, and I needed some to fill a pouch.
Well they emailed me today and said they would ship them out today. I have heard that some 6 times now if not more, over the past months. :mad:

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
mags

Iv'e seen these bone heads at the show here .they started with 1-2 tables all of a sudden they have about 10, next thing you know their gone.They didn't know anything,just a lot of talk

·
Banned
2,606 Posts
I couldn't agree with you guys more about FGW. They screwed me over too, but luckily I was able to get a refund. Someone should post a warning about this place in the feedback forum, or better yet on the AVOID / DEADBEAT List.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bread is People said:
I couldn't agree with you guys more about FGW. They screwed me over too, but luckily I was able to get a refund. Someone should post a warning about this place in the feedback forum, or better yet on the AVOID / DEADBEAT List.
+1

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
krinkov762 said:
Well they emailed me today and said they would ship them out today. I have heard that some 6 times now if not more, over the past months. :mad:
Still nothing. Looks like I got screwed. Its going to get very nasty for them...mail fraud, etc. :evil:
Buyer Beware-Stay away from these folks! :mad:

·
Banned
2,606 Posts
Let 'em have it!!!!!

Although they didn't argue with me when I got fed up and asked for a refund... I'd like to see what happens. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
Guys who've been into this stuff a while all know about FGW.

It's easy to assume that everyone already knew about them.

Best of luck with those slimeballs....

·
Registered
297 Posts
krinkov762 said:
krinkov762 said:
Still nothing. Looks like I got screwed. Its going to get very nasty for them...mail fraud, etc. :evil:
Buyer Beware-Stay away from these folks! :mad:
I don't think you will get far with the mail fraud approach. Other people who have gone this route quickly find out the post office is not interested in prosecution of the mail fraud laws. In fact one person was told they will not investigate unless the dollar amount involved exceeds $50,000. It's a toothless law that's on the books for the government to use when THEY see fit.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Talked with them this morning, and they appeared concerned and interested, given that there have been so many victims. It appears that this not the first time this has happened. Also, I have contacted my CC company and they said that they will be crediting my account and in turn seeking the balance from FGW.

·
Registered
67 Posts
krinkov762 said:
Talked with them this morning, and they appeared concerned and interested, given that there have been so many victims. It appears that this not the first time this has happened. Also, I have contacted my CC company and they said that they will be crediting my account and in turn seeking the balance from FGW.
The credit card chargeback is always the best approach.
Just be aware that you might have a limited window to file a claim, so don't wait too long.
Seems you are all set there, but its worth mentioning for others.

Its worth searching the big gun boards before ordering from anyplace, as well as buying firearms/parts. Theres lots of known issues and its easy to avoid problems/headaches if you just invest a little time beforehand.

·
Banned
2,606 Posts
99% of the time when there is a chargeback, the credit card company will side with the cardholder. That's probably the best thing to do, even though it's a royal pain for businesses to deal with.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts