AK Rifles banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Russian AKM Stock Trunnions. There are at least one and maybe two more fixed stock trunnions that are not represented in the picture.

Attachments

Reactions: Tantal

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Nice, thanks for that picture. Ive got one the same as third from left. I thought it was a transitional 1961-62 ish but that definately isnt the case looking at stottmans photos. What year do you think those were made?

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be that it is, and that one is a Tula and one is an Izzy from the same era. Where did you get yours from?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I got it from Doug I believe.

The finish looks very much like izzy, and im pretty sure it is based on the square and triangle with number inside proofs. The finish looks like the 4th from the left. Yours almost looks like a tulaish finish, but my proofs are in the same location as yours. Ive got a proof on the bottom left side just past the rivet channel.

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
These are the proofs on mine.

Image43.jpg

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
mine are ontop of each other in that lociton and only partially stamped, how about a picture of the proofs on the lower shelf?

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Image45.jpg

Here the shelf from the top

3.jpg

The bottom side

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bottom of the tang

4.jpg

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have 63 and 64 Izzy kits that have the same Trunnion as the 4th one from the right. So what do you think, used for a real short duration?

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Wow, interesting(and Im very jealous ;-))

Yea, maybe they used the one third from the left around 1962.

BTW, yours has awesome full proofs on it compared to mine. Still glad I have it though!

·
Registered
4,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Wow, interesting(and Im very jealous ;-))

Yea, maybe they used the one third from the left around 1962.

BTW, yours has awesome full proofs on it compared to mine. Still glad I have it though!
I have a 1962 Izzy barrel trunnion that I hope to build up as a complete rifle some day . Now I don't know which type trunnion to use, the second or the third one.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts