AK Rifles banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where are the Russian AKM bayos? I need a couple for 1970 and 1971 projects.

I have an Izzy 74/late AKM bayo for my 1977 AKMS and T1 bayos for my milled projects, but haven't seen any Russian versions for the AKM.

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I know, its like they are non-existant. There are a bunch on ebay but they are calling them Russian that are Romanian. I have called out several of them.

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
They are pretty hard to find.

Northridge has some awhile back, but most were crap.. Think they are out now.

Russians dont export them to any civilian market anywhere, as they are a military item.. Its possible to buy them deactivated with either a notch cut in the blade or the locking mech deactivated, but thats it..

Only source is coming from a 3rd country; Of course most are going to be used garbage.

There are none in Germany, as most of the Soviet items here are left overs from when they left in 1993...

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
I am looking for an AKm Type 1 if you find any Stottman.

·
Registered
287 Posts
OK I'm somewhat confused (nothing new btw). I always thought there were 3 types of Russian AK bayonets. An early AK (top), a late AK\early AKM transition bayo (middle), and a late AKM (bottom).
Would a AKM Type 1 be the one in the middle picture?

·
Registered
6,220 Posts
fred_ex said:
OK I'm somewhat confused (nothing new btw). I always thought there were 3 types of Russian AK bayonets. An early AK (top), a late AK\early AKM transition bayo (middle), and a late AKM (bottom).
Would a AKM Type 1 be the one in the middle picture?
Youre forgetting the latest. The one on the left hand side.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Value would be anywhere from $20-$80 with a few exceptions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts