AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
looks like these crack just the same as polish translucent Beryl mags and Bulgarian smoke mags. something about clear polymer not being as strong as black stuff unfortunately.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Very nice. I've seen the "experimental AK-103 smoked translucent mags" like the cracked one, but never seen the other. It looks similar to a current production commercial clear Bulgarian, but with the Izzy Arsenal stamp.

·
Premium Member
1,249 Posts
Never thought I would see a nickle plated svd.

·
Registered
906 Posts
The bake mag in the rifle above the svd looks much thicker than normal?
It is thicker...it's an experimental 50rd magazine. A few different experimental 50rd and 60rd magazines were produced and this one nor the plum variation went to serial production. The only one approved for serial production is the 60rd polyamide, GRAU 6Л31. Similar military 50rd polyamide mags have been used in combat operations by Russian Special Forces but have yet to be approved for serial production (as far as I know). Additionally, if you go back earlier, experimental 50rd dual slabs and also 50rd and 75rd steel ribbed dual stacks were developed by a few different designers, to include the Kalashnikov team, but none of those designs went to serial production.

Zoomed in on the photo from the exhibit of the experimental 50rd AG-4 magazine in question:

Experimental 50rd plum magazine, owned by my friend (Kevin Gregory):

Camouflaged 60rd polyamide magazine, GRAU 6Л31, in theater (Credit - Hooke):

1 - 6 of 6 Posts