AK Rifles banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,374 Posts
Izhmash type 3. Search for date codes(M). Better inspection later when I’m on a computer.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Evo is correct that is is an Izzy Type 3 AK-47. M date code at the end of SN denotes 1960 manufacture. Looks to be a complete full auto rifle based on the third pin and looks like the vintage of many of the PLO captured rifle parts kits based on the well used wood furniture and refurbed parkerized finish. These rifles were originally blued or some of the later ones were parkerized and then painted like AKMs.

Reactions: boatma1

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
It has a few parts out of place. The top cover and pistol grip are of the earlier type-2 style AK-47.

Brick

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you to each of you for the detailed and immediate responses. Very kind of you all. Are there any of these (in kit form) available in the US...and what should I anticipate paying?

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
There were PLO parts kits about 10 years ago. Not sure many remain. Price? Probably several grand but I haven't seen one in years

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
932 Posts
A reweldable, nicely cut, original barrel, "PLO Capture" Soviet AK47 like that is a highly sought after, premium value, item. They do come up for sale from time to time, and generally go pretty quick. As far as I know, there is no place that currently has one listed for sale (but I could be wrong on this), but occasionally someone will sell one from their collection here - or once in a while on AK Files.

The closest thing that I currently know of is this Bulgarian Type 3 listed here: http://www.theakforum.net/forums/34-want-sell-ak-rifles/276618-plo-bfpu-bulgy-type-iii-awesome.html

1 - 9 of 9 Posts