AK Rifles banner

41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
I ordered some Croatian magazines last year none fit my WASR-10. I just took my Dremel sanding discs and did some grinding above the lock tab. They turned out nice in the end. I ordered some new Bulgarian magazines with plastic follower and they all work fine.

I bought nine of the military surplus Romanian magazines and they cleaned up pretty nice. A little rust on one and one magazine only holds 25 rounds even though it is a 30 round magazine. I put some yellow tape on it so I know it is a range magazine only and not use it for HD. I have taken the yellow tape one to range several time and shoots all 25 rounds.
Did you disassemble and make sure theres nothing inside blocking or binding the spring? No burrs or dents in the body?

·
Registered
224 Posts
I’m drowning in magazines. My latest hobby is making mission impossible magazines from other common magazines.
I have several oddball handguns that you can’t source factory magazines. One is the PHP. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/PHP_pistol Another is an Italian pistol that take a single stack 9mm that is just slightly smaller than the P.38 magazine. Cutting, welding and 3D printing followers is actually pretty fun!

·
Super Moderator
13,774 Posts
Realistically, if you didn't stock up when things were cheap...ohh...the last 3.5 years then its your own dam fault! Some get to the point that hundreds of mags are enough and move onto drums.

As for the current situation with everybody panic buying, i bought cheap and stacked deep. In fact i might bust out my old chem gear and walk around town just to freak people out! ;)

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
...I might bust out my old chem gear and walk around town just to freak people out! ;)

I'd err on the side of caution, you looked a long time to find this new neighborhood. :wink:

Reactions: 22many and MPiKM-72

·
Registered
224 Posts
I always went nuts at thanksgiving and Christmas time when crazy cheap prices are around. I have boxes of uzi. Sten, ak, ar, Suomi, dp28 drums, mg42 belts, 1919 links/belts, G3, FAL/G1 metric. I like getting the boxes of 50 and refinishing. Blast and park.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I just got a few more mags for my Browning Hi-power on Gun Mag Warehouse today. They still had mostly everything in stock, no different than usual.

APEX still has $20 steel surplus mags in stock also.

Is this panic buying starting to peter out? I have been looking at building an AR-15 with my stimulus money and most of the parts and complete uppers are still in stock. I even ordered a few hundreds rounds of M855 5.56 from TargetsportsUSA, they were really picked over but they still had assorted ammo in almost every caliber at ok prices. It does say 2 week lead time on shipping though...

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
I just got a few more mags for my Browning Hi-power on Gun Mag Warehouse today. They still had mostly everything in stock, no different than usual.

APEX still has $20 steel surplus mags in stock also.

Is this panic buying starting to peter out? I have been looking at building an AR-15 with my stimulus money and most of the parts and complete uppers are still in stock. I even ordered a few hundreds rounds of M855 5.56 from TargetsportsUSA, they were really picked over but they still had assorted ammo in almost every caliber at ok prices. It does say 2 week lead time on shipping though...
Ammo is out of stock, but I'm actually seeing some prices coming back to normal. Targetsports hiked prices though, so fuck them.

CDNN also raised prices on all the stuff I picked up just a couple of weeks ago, so fuck them too.

I'm hoping a lot of this was non-gun people buying shit in a panic because of COVID and now that they're done prices will dip again before the final run up to the election. I can at least dream.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Ammo is out of stock, but I'm actually seeing some prices coming back to normal. Targetsports hiked prices though, so fuck them.

CDNN also raised prices on all the stuff I picked up just a couple of weeks ago, so fuck them too.

I'm hoping a lot of this was non-gun people buying shit in a panic because of COVID and now that they're done prices will dip again before the final run up to the election. I can at least dream.
What prices did target sports hike?

·
Registered
130 Posts
If they did I didn't notice, I got the M855 for .40 a round and they have WPA 7.62x39 for .30 a round which is about what I have come to expect during normal times.

I'm not bothered by minor price increases if it discourages people from hoarding. I am a bit bothered by like 300% increases which is just to gouge the stupidest/most desperate buyers though.

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
What prices did target sports hike?
Any ammo they had that went out of stock increased. Wolf .223 steel is now the cost their Wolf gold was. Their excuse is supply and demand leading their suppliers to raise prices, but I don't buy that shit.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #57

PSA raised prices on most of their firearms, AK related or not. Target sports is just plain out, with marginal increases. SG Ammo is about $50 more a case of 1k for most of the cheaper Russian stuff and a variable increase for US stuff. K-Var is listing the vepr RPK for $7,999 on their website... For those of you abroad, that is the cost of a decent automobile here in the States....

There *WILL* be shortages until we end the immoral sanctions on Russia, and get inexpensive rifles, shotguns, and ammunition flowing again.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
Any ammo they had that went out of stock increased. Wolf .223 steel is now the cost their Wolf gold was. Their excuse is supply and demand leading their suppliers to raise prices, but I don't buy that shit.
I saw SG Golden Tiger and 8M3 were up by roughly $50/case

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
PSA raised prices on most of their firearms, AK related or not. Target sports is just plain out, with marginal increases. SG Ammo is about $50 more a case of 1k for most of the cheaper Russian stuff and a variable increase for US stuff. K-Var is listing the vepr RPK for $7,999 on their website... For those of you abroad, that is the cost of a decent automobile here in the States....

There *WILL* be shortages until we end the immoral sanctions on Russia, and get inexpensive rifles, shotguns, and ammunition flowing again.
I'm not going to get into a politics discussion with you about the morals of sanctions on China or Russia. I think they shouldn't be sanctioned, but I think that won't happen until the moral compass of their leadership changes.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
I'm not going to get into a politics discussion with you about the morals of sanctions on China or Russia. I think they shouldn't be sanctioned, but I think that won't happen until the moral compass of their leadership changes.
Lets agree to disagree my friend! China is not the Russian Federation, and I am confident we can all be reasonable.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts