AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, I did the math and we will have a run on magazines this year.

Election +Virus +Possibility of State Bans= Run on Magazines

Be ready.

·
Super Moderator
25,688 Posts
If your going to do math, show your work:
1584791735421.jpg
There is going to be a run on lots of stuff as States begin to lock things down. Food, meds and weapon related items now, other stuff soon.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I’m a little surprised magazines weren’t hit harder earlier, as far as panic buying goes. You figure a lot of people panic buying aren’t about to go spend the time and ammo familiarizing themselves with their purchase, they just want stuff available to use just in case. And in that kind of case, 100-200 rounds of ammo and 5-6 magazines is more useful than 500-1000 rounds of ammo and 1-2 magazines.

·
Registered
11,803 Posts
I’m a little surprised magazines weren’t hit harder earlier, as far as panic buying goes. You figure a lot of people panic buying aren’t about to go spend the time and ammo familiarizing themselves with their purchase, they just want stuff available to use just in case. And in that kind of case, 100-200 rounds of ammo and 5-6 magazines is more useful than 500-1000 rounds of ammo and 1-2 magazines.
I don't believe most new gun owners think of extra mags.

·
Registered
21,684 Posts
They'll buy tons of mags but can only fill 1 because ammmoooooo

"$130 for a loaded magainze~ rock and roll!! i know what I got"

Everything sucks.

·
Registered
661 Posts
They'll buy tons of mags but can only fill 1 because ammmoooooo

"$130 for a loaded magainze~ rock and roll!! i know what I got"

Everything sucks.
I actually suspect sooner that it’s enough ammo but only 1 mag to load it all through ( at least for those that started panicking earlier rather than later). In which case, you better not need more than that. Though in all reality unless shit goes to hell you probably shouldn’t.

·
Banned
1,925 Posts
I bought thousands of rounds of ammo and dozens of mags in the new year because I wasn't able to afford what I wanted last year, and I wanted to beat the election panic.

Then COVID really ramped up here and I have no regrets.

·
Registered
5,401 Posts
For a run on mags to happen there needs to be mags available in the first place.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I have been buying magazines and ammo for many years, so I am not affected by what ever the panic du jour is. I probably have a few hundred magazines for the various firearms that I figure will be my primary arms and enough ammo to get by with. I even have several extra magazines for guns that I have no practical use for, like Lugers and P38's.

·
Registered
21,684 Posts
for trade. one roll of TP for one 30 round magazine. i know what i got :mad:

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I bought thousands of rounds of ammo and dozens of mags in the new year because I wasn't able to afford what I wanted last year, and I wanted to beat the election panic.

Then COVID really ramped up here and I have no regrets.
You are one of the lucky ones my friend. My only regret is turning my comm block ak74 mags into california compliant units when I lived there... I still have bits of superglue on the floorplates that took off some of the finish.

There is going to be a run on lots of stuff as States begin to lock things down. Food, meds and weapon related items now, other stuff soon.
Buddy of mine in LA still can't get basic food stuffs stocked up. Stores in his city ration TP, soap, and Beef.

Depends on what you're looking for
Since I only own AK's in 5.45 now, for me the struggle would be finding mint 74 mags at reasonable prices. I'll be damned if these people think Im going to pay $30-60 a unit!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Actually here in Germany Mag´s are very cheap, because all Riflemags over 10 rounds are in fact banned in september 2021. Various dealers offer AK Mags for less then 10 euro. Maybe it is possible for some guy´s here to ask a member of the troops to carry some home when they go back to the US.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually here in Germany Mag´s are very cheap, because all Riflemags over 10 rounds are in fact banned in september 2021. Various dealers offer AK Mags for less then 10 euro. Maybe it is possible for some guy´s here to ask a member of the troops to carry some home when they go back to the US.
Let me know if you take PayPal...

·
Registered
2 Posts
I will not sell anything, if you are interested, have a look here https://www.transarms.de/ or here http://www.cds-ehrenreich.de/magazine-für-gewehre-mp/. If you take a greater number, they will give a less price
They are dealers, I think that they will take paypal. Also you can have a look at www.egun.de what is like ebay but only for guns. There are privat seller and also dealers, but not all will send in other countrys. You should ask them before buying.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts