AK Rifles banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

I had the crazy idea to do a RPK look with this but I think I'm going to enjoy it for what it is, just a 20" ak type rifle. It has a slant brake on it now but I may go with a muzzle nut. The plunger was frozen and took the better part of a day to get it out and functioning, it works now but it has a weak spring and I may have to change that out someday. I put an East German RPK sight on it, I figured that either an EG or Romanian would work for looks. Compliance parts right now are slant brake, fcg, pg, and floorplate. I am getting a non-glossy finish black Egyptian pg from Steelcore and I'll change the gas piston for a US one when I put that pg on. Then it can share all the US floorplated Egyptian mags I have for my ARM. It's a hassle but worth it to be able to keep the furniture original.

Anyway here are some more pictures of the RPM and ARM together, before and afters and all that: http://picasaweb.google.com/philipgrasmussen/ArmRpm

Enjoy, Razz

·
Banned
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
X, I like playin dress-up as much as the next guy :peep: but I just need to get of my arse and get an actual RPK. Bulged trunnion, heavy duty barrel, all the things the RPM is lacking. I thought the RPM would be heavy and might benefit from a bipod, but it is pretty light and I like how it balances. If anything I'd like to get an actual Maadi buttstock and replace this cut down thumbhole stock. I'm not real crazy about the extra length even though it's only 13/16ths and it's probably all in my head.

Anyone know any benefits of a 20" over a 16" barrel? Is it a little more acurate? more muzzle velocity? just extra weight? Anyway I really like having this Maadi pair and now I'm thinking hard about getting a 20" Saiga to go with the 16" one. And on and on it goes ;)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts