AK Rifles banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

Ok, now that we'll be receiving our receiver soon from NDS it's tile to start thinking about Selector markings and side scope rail.

What markings did the 74 and 47 have?

What options for side scope rail? AK scope rail or did they use the longer SVD scope rail?

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
Travis, this is my Russian RPK-74 rail.

Rob can comment on the 47 rails and perhaps if he gives me the OK I can post a pic of an interesting looking rail configuration.....

·
Registered
3,049 Posts
SCOTTMAN,..where can i find a rail like that one on the 72 RPK-47?

my RPK-47 is a romy made in 1973,..id like to make this one as athuntic to the era as possible,..so ive got a leather sling with what i lovenly call "chareter",..and i have both a nut and slant brake to put on as well

but that rail mount just screams "old school" and i think it would be just right.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I am doing a 66 76 and 77 build and leaving the 78 in the box for now as it not in the best condition. I am planning on skipping the rail unless someone has a source for three I haven't been able to find them very easily.

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Receiver scrap part (that just happens to have a scope rail) I bought here in Germany..

Notice the torch cut through the trunnion- Thats how the German Gov't demills AKs now.. Allot of these receivers for a standard E.German AK rifle have shown up recently, but this is the only RPK I have found...

Whats also interesting is the 1972 date and dimples.. Have pics of other 72s and 73s that dont have them..

Eventually, I will get off my ass and cut up the receiver; Then repros of the rail will be made by Tantal..

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
RPK74 [You had pictures of the gun from the Tokoi book here]

Modern ones are the same ones being used on the Vepr...
Rob,
Above you said the modern scope rails for the RPK74 are the Vepr rails? I have seen pictures of a 2007 gun with the same rail that was attached to the RPK74M deact you posted awhile back. Any idea what rail is correct for a 2009-2016 RPK74M, a couple of our members are building one now and are stuck on this issue until we figure out the answer. It is probably a 2011-2013 receiver/trunnion

Also, if you had pictures of a late rpk74m it would be a big help, especially the trunnion markings.

Thank you bud,
Chris

·
Registered
10,197 Posts
Rob,
Above you said the modern scope rails for the RPK74 are the Vepr rails? I have seen pictures of a 2007 gun with the same rail that was attached to the RPK74M deact you posted awhile back. Any idea what rail is correct for a 2009-2016 RPK74M, a couple of our members are building one now and are stuck on this issue until we figure out the answer. It is probably a 2011-2013 receiver/trunnion

Also, if you had pictures of a late rpk74m it would be a big help, especially the trunnion markings.

Thank you bud,
Chris
The Vepr rail has changed in the last 10 years. :) Now its a civilian only rail.

As for the trunnion markings, what little I have seen suggests that they may have moved to markings similar to the commercial guns, but rather then the commercial Molot logo, they use the star in shield.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
RPK 'selector markings' & 'Scope Rail'

So that is good news, thanks man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
7,968 Posts
Fantastic news. Had a feeling that the rails we see in the VEPRs had become universal based on some of Doug Ford's comments a ways back. Very glad to see this confirmed since I was desperately searching for the older style.

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I am keeping these details for reference later, when was the changeover?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts