AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if any of you guys brought one of the RPK kits from Ohiorapidfire.com? I've been looking into getting one of these kits for awhile. I was wondering if anyone knew the quality of these kits that they have? I've also noticed that he has some kits at a reduced price of $849...

Thanks in advaced
HK

·
Registered
5,054 Posts
i know someone who went throught 2-3 of these and the had rust/pitting behind the muzzle device and inside the gas tube/gas block. if you get one, check it real good..

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
RPK-74

I ordered the laminated kit. BTW did you order online or via phone
krink545??

BTW guys, Todd said all the numbers match...

HK

·
Registered
786 Posts
Re: RPK-74

henry-krinkle said:
I ordered the laminated kit. BTW did you order online or via phone 5.45 krink545..

I ordered online.

BTW guys, todd said all the numbers match...

HK

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Re: RPK-74

henry-krinkle said:
I ordered the laminated kit. BTW did you order online or via phone
krink545??

BTW guys, Todd said all the numbers match...

HK
Henry, what's the good word on your kit?
Standing by to purchase one. :wink:

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Travis, I just recieved the kit and I'm am very happy with it. I'll give ya a full review later. off to work :sad:

HK

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
henry-krinkle said:
Travis, I just recieved the kit and I'm am very happy with it. I'll give ya a full review later. off to work :sad:

HK
Sounds good! I'll look forward to the review a little later.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RPK parts pic

Ok heres my used RPK-74 kit that arrived friday from ohiorapidfire. I finally got time to post pic's

The front site showed alittle wear.

The front wood was alittle beat up.

Heres my unsuccessful attempt to get a picture of the bore. But the bore had a mirror finish and the channels were crisp.

here is the top view

I'm very happy with the kit, all the numbers match.

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
Mmmmm...

Wood would be no problem for me, I love working with it. How much does it cost anyway, to send it in to a place like Copes or ORF or whoever and have it built on an existing reciever? I'm dreaming again, but just curious.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Re: RPK parts pic

henry-krinkle said:
Ok heres my used RPK-74 kit that arrived friday from ohiorapidfire. I finally got time to post pic's

I'm very happy with the kit, all the numbers match.

I ordered a plum kit today. I hope it looks as good as yours.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I received my Plum kit a few days ago. Heavy finish wear but all matching parts and an excellent bore. I had to send the lower handguard back for an exchange though because when they stapled the box shut they stapled THROUGH the handguard. :eek: That and the rusted on flash hider are the only real issues. After I finally got the flash hider off the last 1/4" of the threads are basically GONE due to rust never having been cleaned out. :sad: There's enough thread left for it to not be an issue though. Thank God for chrome lined bores! :wink:

Other than that I'm so happy I just ordered a laminate kit too!!!! :cool: I hope mine looks as nice as the one pictured above.

Now to try to scrape together enough cashola to buy some DCI receivers!!!! :wink:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts