AK Rifles banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, was going to sell my RPK because I could not get the dimpled receiver......... yeah call me anal :shock: Then got to thinking. Remembered seeing pics of the Khyber style short barreled RPK.......... Got me thinking. What about a regular length AK barrel but with the rpk trunnion and and clubfoot. I know the clubfoot may sound wierd but I have a different clubfoot in mind. Can I use a regular romy G barrel in the rpk trunnion and then what sights and FSB> SUre of what I think I want but not sure of what to use ;) Thanks for the help :smileak: Craig

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
If you can get a set of calipers in there to mic the OD of the chamber end it may work. RPK barrel is pretty thick though, so the front lower HG won't work unless you dremel the front of it to fit a regular lower HG retainer. I've seen some nice russian wood done this way to get it to fit on chicom NHM-91, not sure if the cleaning rod hole would line up doing this either.

I think the combloc countries did away with the dimples in '72. I was confused on this too till some other members set me straight. :grin:

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello, I was planning on using the original RPK handguards and clubfoot.........just chopping the barrel down a tad. Thanks, Craig

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Big Megina, thats it exactly ;) only romanian........ thanks

·
Banned
460 Posts
if you look at the pic of the little boy with the 2 rifles,the bottom rifle is a yugo rpk with the barrel shortened to 16 inches.you can tell it is a yugo rpk by the barrel.the barrel has cooling coils, if you look close.only yugos have cooling coils.do you mean you want to do that with a romy?if so i misunderstood.sorry.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts