AK Rifles banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, everybody!

I'm new to the forum and have some questions I need answered. I have a really neat RPK-74 parts kit from ORF with solid furniture and a bore to die for. I have a receiver on order from Harlan so I'm ALMOST all ready to go.

However, I need some parts ... some of which I know I need ... others which I may NOT find out about until I'm right in the middle of the project (and I REALLY HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS).

So ... given my ORF parts kit and Harlan's receiver ... EXACTLY what additional parts/hardware should I be looking for?

Thanks for your help

Cheers, Bill

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Well you need enough US compliance parts to make the build possible. You need to get a USA trigger, dissconnector and hammer, that would count as four parts with the reciever. The other two you could use is either a US pistol grip and/or US gas piston.

If you got the same kinda kit I got, then you need a trigger guard for it as well.

Good luck with the build hope this helps...

HK

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi, Henry!

Thanks for that info.

I was wondering about the trigger guard ... it needs the mag release, spring, rivet and then a bunch of rivets to attach the TG to the receiver ... and then there's the rivers for the receive itself ... you know ... all that LITTLE STUFF that gets overlooked until you've actually already built one. I just want to know in advance so I don't come up short on a 5.00 part with 10.00 minimum shipping. You know how that drill goes, right?

Thanks, Bill

·
Registered
6,478 Posts
Welcome Bill!

FCG - High end RSA adjustable (3 US parts)
Middle road -G2 Not bad - needs break in period
Piston - I think they are all made pretty much the same :wink: (1 part)
Receiver - Harlan (1 part)
Pistol grip - 1 Part

With that said - If you go G2 contact Duke Ryan for his G2 / piston combo. He'll steer you right.

Take care!!!

·
Registered
6,256 Posts
Don't forget about the new 74 followers if you dont want to do a piston swap. If you do the piston swap don't forget a pin, nail or something to hold it in. Oh and some ammo. Welcome to the site.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts