AK Rifles banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What we have here is an RPG-7D, with an OG-7V projectile, and the MP-1 sight that is special for the OG-7 series projectiles. Notice I did not say rocket- The OG-7 series has a launch motor only, which isn't a rocket, and no sustainer motor like a standard PG-7 round.

The OG-7 is an anti-personnel projectile, with a significantly shorter range than the rocket assisted PGs. The ballistic trajectory is much more curved than the standard projectile, so the standard optical sight does not have a wide enough field of view, or properly marked reticle for the OG-7. So far as I can tell, the launch motors are interchangeable between the OG-7 and the standard PG-7, but I wouldn't bet my chicken skin on it.

When I found the MP-1 sight, I had no idea what it was, or what it went to. I did massive internet searches after transliterating the nomenclature, and finally found a reference to it from the bulgarian manufacturer that makes the RPG 7s for bulgaria. Of course, they didn't have a picture of it installed, but at least I knew they went together.

To install the MP-1 sight, first unscrew the clamp on the MP-1 sight a few turns, and flip the rear sight on the RPG up. The RPG sight needs to be set for close range, or the slider will prevent the MP-1 sight from fitting properly. The rear sight on the RPG sort of snakes inside of the MP-1 sight, and the screw clamp compresses against the sides of the rear fold down sight on the RPG.

Once the top of the fold down RPG sight is in about the right place, you have to fold the sight forward to expose the bottom of the RPG sight. The MP-1 sight will slide down the fold down sight, and hook down around the blade of the fold down sight, then slide forward again. It's a bit difficult to explain, and even harder to figure out without somebody telling me how.

Here you can see the rear fold down sight of the RPG clamped inside the MP-1 sight.

And here you can see the how the MP-1 sight slides forward and grabs the blade of the rear sight. This one doesn't fit as well as it should, but there is absolutely no doubt when you see the fit between these items that they go together.

When the OG-7 is inserted into the RPG, only the fuze on the projectile sticks out. If you are used to seeing the long HEAT warheads of the PG-7M or G, it may look like the launcher is unloaded. The fuzes on the OG series are generally common point detonating (PD) mortar fuzes.

Here are a few pics of OG-7s I've jacked off the web.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
now I will have to take pics of my sight when it gets here

damn it RPG-s are addictive :lol:

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
cdngunplumber said:
damn it RPG-s are addictive :lol:

I was at a friends house the other day and we were watching that movie, I forget the name, its with Denzel washington where hes the body guard of dakota fanning and she gets kidnapped and he goes on a rampage to find the people who took her, anywho we get to a part in the movie where he shoots an RPG and blows up a car and my buddy's wife goes now thats one hell of a gun and i'm like "yea i got one of those" lol she gives me that WTF look then a look of disbelife. as i write this it doesnt sound too important but i got a kick out of it. I mean not many people have RPG's at least not many western society people do. i guess you had to have been there, i'll shut up now :neutral: lol.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
All RPG owners UNITE and group hug while we're at it :lol:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice setup, but if I spend $3 bones for an RPG, I want it to come with iron sights.

His 'rare bipod' will only fold on the early model '7, with the rear pistol grip welded on the center of the tube; it looks to me (but it's hard to tell) that his grip is the late style.

Nice projos, though.

·
Premium Member
4,285 Posts
eodinert said:
Nice setup, but if I spend $3 bones for an RPG, I want it to come with iron sights.

His 'rare bipod' will only fold on the early model '7, with the rear pistol grip welded on the center of the tube; it looks to me (but it's hard to tell) that his grip is the late style.

Nice projos, though.
I'd have to agree with EOD on that, all that money and no irons. The launcher is probably put together with parts and he couldnt locate sights. I think northridge has them though. Those projectiles though yummy i want one, i need one, i crave one, i have a hard on for one, lol. One of these days I'll find one...I hope

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
PvtPyle said:
Stottman said:
There is a place in Czech Rep that sells deact RPG7 launchers for about $300.....
If we are thinking of the same place, they are out. I have been trying to get a bunch of them with the kits, but they dont know if they are going to be getting any more in quantity.

http://www.bvs.cz/armysurplus.html

Nope-

www.jgstrade.cz

RPG-7 with all pictured-

Price is listed as 240 Euro ($300)in the flier that I picked up at the IWA show (Euro version of the shot).. They said they require an export permit for Czech, which means a US Import permit.

My Bulgarian RPG that I bought in Germany seems to have come from Czech.. Would still need a US spec demill.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Ahhh, thank you. Did they say if they could supply them in quantity? I have a US importer to do all of that for me, so the rest should be up to them.

I just sent them an email, we shall see what kind of quantity they can provide. At that price :shock: I hope it is a lot of them.

·
Registered
10,206 Posts
PvtPyle said:
Ahhh, thank you. Did they say if they could supply them in quantity? I have a US importer to do all of that for me, so the rest should be up to them.

I just sent them an email, we shall see what kind of quantity they can provide. At that price :shock: I hope it is a lot of them.
Probably.. They were at the IWA show as a wholesaler/exporter.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Man, that is sweet! I would love to have some pics of the take down coupler on that RPG7D for a Homeland Security project!

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
I got my Mp-1 sight for the RPG-7 finally today! YYEEE HAAAAAA

plus a Yugo and Polish grenade launcher spigots....its like X mas

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
here's the pics you asked for
the sight is in pretty damn good shape..will look great with the RPG-7, the polish spigot is alittle rusty but will clean up and the yugo in is good shape.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts