1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here's my ex PLO RPG-2

hope they help you out MCM

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks don't have the heart to refinish it..I like the historical :grin: look to it

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
nope only the solid Alum head I made for her :sad:

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Well, if you ever decide to accept any of my offers, I have an RPG 2 round that burned... paint is gone, but metal is intact (fins are gone)... Whole front end. You need it, much like you need my M57 'duck.

It would paint up nice, eh.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
feel bad taking those fine offers..when I don't have anything of equal value to give to you..your the king of Ordnance :grin:

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
When i pick up a few more sets of rocket parts i'll weld ya up one, there not 100% correct but they look good IMO. Here's a pic of two that i welded up along side of the replica RPG2 i'm building. McM

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
Thanks, It will be, I now have measurements for the sights and there locations down to the millimeter :wink: Now its all gonna be metal work making replica flip sights for it. I figure if a VC could make one with a file and a cup of rice in some tunnel and turn out a shooting B40 launcher, then ole' bigjoe here can too :mrgreen: McM

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Do you have heat shields? Do you have heat shield clamps?

From the pics, it looks like heat shield clamps from an RPG 7 would work (from the small diameter section of the '7).

I suspect it will be difficult to tell your clone from the real deal, at the rate you are going.

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
eodinert said:
Do you have heat shields? Do you have heat shield clamps?

From the pics, it looks like heat shield clamps from an RPG 7 would work (from the small diameter section of the '7).

I suspect it will be difficult to tell your clone from the real deal, at the rate you are going.

With the heatshields i'm thinking I will use hardwood veneer/laminate, soak the wood in water then form two halfs around the pipe and let dry. I originally was going to use bamboo, i saw a Nam' era picture of a B40 with bamboo heatshields, but i havent been able to find any consistantly straight bamboo, but i am still looking. The clamps from the 7 will work, I have two of them just need to find some screws, other than that an SKS sling is the same from the pics i've seen. Omega in AZ. has the firing pin assembly so i might put that on too. When it comes to metal work i can get pretty intricate and i dont know how detailed i want to get because of obvious reasons cough cough BATF cough cough. The hardest part is going to be the sight bases without a sample in front of me its hard to duplicate but i have some real nice detailed pics so i'm going to take a dab at it. McM

Here's a link to close up shots:
http://www.russianwarrior.com/STMMain.htm?1947RPG2_detail2.htm&1

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
most every pic I ever see of RPG-2's they never have the small screw on "blast" sheild like the one on mine

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
Thats because yours is of Russian manufacture and only about 25% were made with the flange-like blast deflector. Its origin for you is PLO but the Palestinians didnt build it, its Russian.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
yep your the winner..its a russian and of the 25% most were lost
I gotta thank the PLO guy that kept everything together on mine :lol:

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
About 4 or 5 years ago someone brought in about 100 of them the guys name is Howard Dorf if i'm correct, i remember seeing them on gunbroker, they were live and all 100 had to be bought as a lot he was asking 25K for the lot. That Lot came from Israel. Yours is probably from that lot, all 100 of them had the blast deflectors on them.

·
Super Moderator
4,285 Posts
Also to add to that, it is hearsay though, I heard that CAI bought the launchers from him and i believe CAI has offices in Canada so to put two and two together thats where yours came from. How long have you had it?

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mine came out of a Isreal I've owned it for a good 12 years now..they still come up for sale up here once in awhile..most of the really cool stuff in canada was brought in by two different companies neither is CAI
one brought in most everything and anything from Isreal..and the other brought in most things from Yugoslavia including alot of WW 2 held by the Slavs

1 - 20 of 53 Posts