1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this today at GunBroker:

Anyone know what it is?:

Hints:

1. The front sight optic was originally designed to work independently from the type of rear sight found on this particular launcher.

2. The modified rear leaf sight is not off of an RPG-7.

3. Accuracy with the sight picture / sight alignment of these two sights would be poor past 100 meters, and not just because of the ballistics of a PG-2 compatible munition.

I have a feeling SturmG, Mad.Doc, Ray and/or Eodinert may already know the answer.

More to follow.

S/F
Nick

·
Registered
103 Posts
I would say it's a modification done by the PLO as most of these RPG-2's are ex-plo imports. They modified RPG-2 into their own unique weapon system for non-AT purposes as the PG-2 rounds are obvioulsly inert.

See my RPG-2 post that lists it...

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
It looks Hadji rigged, pardon my colorful euphemism.

The rear sight looks like it was born on an RPK, and went down hill from there. I can't place the front thing, but it does not look like a factory upgrade to me :)

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kudos to eodinert and MkCanuck9r.

The "rear sight" did indeed start off life on an RPK and was tweaked by the gifted craftsman that inhabit the dark corners of the Gaza strip.

Believe it or not I first saw that "front sight" several years ago in Israel fitted to several other captured RPG-2s and Al Yassins. My hosts were busting my chops because the "Marine Gunner" had no clue as to what it was.

After two days of laughing at me they brought out a pair of locally manufactured jewelers glasses (the magnified kind). Lo and behold they turned them upside down and pried one of the lens assembles off of the frame and viola - a magnified "sight".

I will give them this - it is clever - not remotely functional mind you - but clever nonetheless.

Thanks for taking the time to answer. This board is full of people much smarter than me.

S/F
Nick

1 - 5 of 5 Posts