AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 222 Posts

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Royaltiger imports are advertising the VEPR IV RPK on their homepage but the rest of the site will not work. Im not too interested in the .223 version but i wonder if a 5.45 and 7.62 flavor would ever make it into country. Anyone have any insight?

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
1500$ With tack welded folder. If it was 5.45 I would be placing a call to order time now.

I always wonder what the importers are thinking. A long barrel, bipoded, $1,500 RPK does not appeal to the casual or recreational shooter. This is kinda a collectors item... and a collector doesn't want this in 223.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Flashpoint said:
I'll take one in .223 :)
Let us know what happens if you give them a call....

·
Registered
10,182 Posts
Its been sold for about 10 years in Europe, and only in 5.56...... Not in 7.62x39 or 5.45...... 7.62x39 Veprs are sold in Europe.

Oddly, I tried to import one from Germany to the States, and the ATF told me to get bent.. Even with a thumbhole stock and no muzzle threads.

45rd mags are sold in Europe.. Hopefully here as well.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I called Royal Tiger about these yesterday and they are expecting them in a few weeks. They don't have them in stock as of now. I also asked if the rifle was chambered in 5.56 since all the advertisements only state .223. The lady on the phone wasnt sure, but said she would call me back on Tuesday with an answer.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Flashpoint said:
I called Royal Tiger about these yesterday and they are expecting them in a few weeks. They don't have them in stock as of now. I also asked if the rifle was chambered in 5.56 since all the advertisements only state .223. The lady on the phone wasnt sure, but said she would call me back on Tuesday with an answer.
Thank You for the update. Much appreciated. Please keep us in the loop! :beer:

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If it has a folding stock ill probably get one. May convert it to 5.45 or leave it alone and convert some rpk 74 mags to fit in it since aims has had them for awhile.

Also whats up with their website only the home page works?

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Well, I just got off the phone with Tammy from Royal Tiger and she says the RPK is only in .223, not 5.56. That sucks... I will probably pass on this now.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Flashpoint said:
Well, I just got off the phone with Tammy from Royal Tiger and she says the RPK is only in .223, not 5.56. That sucks... I will probably pass on this now.
My guess would be Tammy doesn't know what she's talking about. Well, let me qualify that. What about all the other VEPR 223 rifles - are they good to go with 5.56? I doubt they changed the specs for the "RPK" VEPR.....

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
A little internet researching indicates "It'll run any 223/556 you feed it. It has the looser milspec chamber but says 223 for sporting disguise." (Referring to 223 Vepr's.)

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Tammy said she talked to someone who knew. Honestly it would be stupid if it wasn't chambered in 5.56. I would assume it be in 5.56 because it only makes sense. I would really like to pick this up and will keep my eyes on it. I'll call again when they have them in stock to verify.

1 - 20 of 222 Posts