1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
407 Posts
That Vepr RPK is tempting, but I want one in 5.45 x 39. Thanks for the information.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
someone on here bought the 5.56 version and a 5.45 barrel from Kvar and did a swap. Much cheaper way to get there than buying the few I've seen for sale.

·
Registered
664 Posts
someone on here bought the 5.56 version and a 5.45 barrel from Kvar and did a swap. Much cheaper way to get there than buying the few I've seen for sale.
What about the bolt,and carrier?Can they be used for both,along with everything else except the barrel?

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the bolt would have to change to a 5.45 bolt, but everything else should be good to go. The only thing Im not sure about is how everything on the barrel is attached, ie pinned or dimpled.

·
Premium Member
13,052 Posts
the bolt would have to change to a 5.45 bolt, but everything else should be good to go. The only thing Im not sure about is how everything on the barrel is attached, ie pinned or dimpled.
Everything on the barrel is dimpled. I looked one over this week that a friend received. Beautiful finish and nice quality components...:thumbsup:

·
Banned
950 Posts
Why can't some company just make and import it in 5.45?

Because that would be to easy and of course- the AK nerds need challenges. Try being one of the guy's that squirreled together a Russian AKSU Kit- BEFORE they imported the kits.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
that vepr 12 has been haunting me since classic put them on sale for 999 now at 949 its looking even better.

ditto on the rpk in 5.45, otherwise i would snatch that up without a second thought at 999!!

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Thank You for the heads up ClayC!

·
Registered
298 Posts
I would highly recommend the 5.56 RPK as is. I was happy picking it up at $1400... kinda wish I had waited for the better price . Excellent weapon, and you are future proofed against 5.45 drying up. I'm having trouble deciding between the archer, a 2nd rpk or a 2nd vepr 12.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I would highly recommend the 5.56 RPK as is. I was happy picking it up at $1400... kinda wish I had waited. Excellent weapon, and you are future proofed against 5.45 drying up. I'm having trouble deciding between the archer, a 2nd rpk or a 2nd vepr 12.
I agree with you I have a Yugo reweld M-70 in 7.62 and a SAR2 in 5.45 everything else is 223 or 12ga. I too wished I would of waited on the 1V RPK but at $1450 I am still happy with it. It funny I just sold 2 saiga 12's and I am torn between the same 3 guns you mentioned. Dont know what to get next.

As for the 223 YES the 7.62 and 5.45 are cheaper right now but sooner or later the libatards will get a ammo import ban and when you cant find ammo for the other calibers I will still be shooting mine every weekend.

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
so since there are a couple of guys here with the RPK, have you had any issues with them running? I know some guys have issues with 556 AKs on occasion.

·
Banned
950 Posts
so since there are a couple of guys here with the RPK, have you had any issues with them running? I know some guys have issues with 556 AKs on occasion.
Most of the Arsenal issues were mag related with changes to the design of the magazines themselves. However they have since updated the barrel feedramps so they can feed from all three gens of Bulgarian 5.56 mags. Basically, they are good to go now and that issue was addressed well over five years ago.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
The polish pistols any good? Good for a future sbr project?
The AK's or the PPS-43s? Rumint suggests the former - no. Personally experience suggests the later - yes.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts