AK Rifles banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found this Reagan quote spot on this morning on a gunshow website and then found it on youtube after wanting to know more. heres a real eye opener. Reagan said some things that sounded ironic in his farewell speech such as ''the Persian gulf is finally free of war'' and ''we americans must never forget the American spirit, must always ask what it means to be american'' and last but not least .... our constitution is a document in which '' we the people'' tell the government what it can do. which direction to take, how far to go. because ''we the people'' are free. Ronald Reagan must have known what was to come very shortly with the 91 Persian gulf war or just very ironic. here it is now weve forgotten how to act and lean our heads back in fear of the tsa and dhs checkpoints and ever present increasing police everywhere. surveillance cameras and police banners everywhere that warn us to not get out of line. drones and mraps now being deployed against the people with the govt spending and audacity against the constitution shoved in our face. makes you wonder how far weve come since 89 and what the heck it will be like before long. watching his farewell speech reminded me of another true blue patriot. pres eisenhowers farewell address...he said ''we must warn ourselves of the ever increasing threat of the growing military industrial complex'' these 2 presidents hit the nail on the head. this was in post ww2 when we were still living in pres. fdrs wartime tax system that justified the continued taxation in non wartime by building up the military and highway systems etc to no end. this is a system were still being taxed and building up exactly like Eisenhower warned against. i found the pres. Reagan farewell address to be very old school patriotic so thought i would share it with you guys.

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
I apologize for sounding lazy but do you have links to the speeches that inspired you?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
AuH2O!!!!

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
That was back before "we the people" came to mean the people who vote for a living!

·
Registered
119 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts