1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the kit from Cope's came today.
Here's a review with pics.

Good:
It was #'s matching as promised and it came with a extra upper hand guard loose in the box to replace the broken one in the sealed kit.

The rest of the gun showed wear, but looked to be carried a lot and shot little.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Bad:
The kits don't come with cleaning rods (found this out in the e-mail from Roger), the add doesn't say anything about this.

The trigger guard was nearly trashed in de-milling with the rivet holes way over drilled, deep gouges on the sides and the mag catch was also disassembled.(see pics)

Ugly:
The barrel is bent. You can clearly see it even in my poor pics.
The front sight is bent up so badly that it made a ring in the top of bore just behind the front sight.
In the last pic, that bright spot down the bore is it. Sorry, that's the best pic I could take of it.

Other problems.
The rear sight broken and the muzzle has a huge ding.
It looks like the Airborne Soldier who had this one skipped one or two steps in the Paratrooper three point landing and just slammed into the ground.

It's going back.

On a side note, this one looks to have been known to be bad by the armorers , notice that it has an X carved into the bottom of the P-Grip and it had a wick in the bore.
More Good:
I E-Mailed Roger about it around 5:30 local(7:30 EST) and he sent one back in 14min with a promise to get a call tag Monday.
No, mail it back on your dime or like-it-or-lump-it BS :thumbsup:

·
Registered
14,916 Posts
I was going to say, Cope's is good people.

I would have been astonished if he told you to eat the shipping.

I'm sure you'll get a migh-T fine one as a replacement.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
What is the date on the trunnion?
thanks
jithaca

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This is my first dud from them, so I didn't know what to expect. A return E-mail in under 15min
sure wasn't one of them, nor the call tag offer without asking for it.
Guess I've gotten used to being kicked around by CFS.

Ark-and-Spark, The flash makes the finish look worse than it is. The parts are all still tight.
Must have been busted up quite a few years ago.

Jithaca, It's 1970, Arrow in Triangle.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Thanks. I could see that some of the parts still have some of the early features. So I was curious about the date. Is Roger a board member?

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
BulletBait said:
Bad:
The kits don't come with cleaning rods (found this out in the e-mail from Roger), the add doesn't say anything about this.
All the pics I've seen of an AIMS 63(active duty in Romania) ..there is no cleaning rod.

Plus the photo Roger Copes shows on his website does not show one.
The barrel is trashed tho..I'm sure they will do you right.
:smile:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ohsonofa said:
I wonder what the accuracy would be like with that barrel, maybe just aim a lil lower? :smile:
If you look at the front sight, you can see that they cranked it all the way up trying to do just that. :lol:

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JorgWalther said:
BulletBait said:
Bad:
All the pics I've seen of an AIMS 63(active duty in Romania) ..there is no cleaning rod.

Interesting.....
goning to have to look into this.

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
BulletBait said:
JorgWalther said:
BulletBait said:
Bad:

Interesting.....
goning to have to look into this.
Well it's a moot point with COPES website pic..no c/r
Here is a pic from a RUSSIAN website>

http://kalashnikov.guns.ru/models/ka235.html

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
StreetTrends said:
Shit that is one of the WWll prototypes that shoot around corners or out of the trenches. :eek:
Ach! Ein Krummerlauf! :shock:

·
Registered
11,437 Posts
BulletBait said:
Q-gunner2 said:
StreetTrends said:
Shit that is one of the WWll prototypes that shoot around corners or out of the trenches. :eek:
Ach! Ein Krummenlauf! :shock:
BabelFish says: Oh! A bent run! (???)
BabelFish sucks then.

Krummerlauf is the name the Germans gave to their bent barrels. They designed several types of Sturmgewehr rifles with 45 degree, 90 degree and other types of bends. The most succsessfull was a MP-44 with a 90 degree bend with specially designed sights that, from inside a tank, got a 14" group at 100 yards.

http://www.geocities.com/Augusta/8172/p ... htm#stgw44

1 - 20 of 22 Posts