AK Rifles banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, was wondering if some of you better informed folks could tell me where the best deal can be found on romy underfolder kits W/ forward grip and the sidefolder kits w/ forward grip. ALso, what is the correct desgnation of this model?? Thanks, NS

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Fixed stock: AIM-63
UF Stock: AIMS-63
Shorty(Krinkov): AIR-63

IIRC the new side-folders use the same designation as the FS ones as the stock just bolts in without mods.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hello, thanks for the help. Glad I could be of help Streettrends. NS :wink:

·
Registered
719 Posts
I'll second Copes, great guy to deal with. I don't know any distributors that have the Romanian side fold kits, just the underfolder at Copes, if he has any left that is. He also has the side folding stocks which will screw right on any Romey kit. I bought one, and it fit perfect on mine, just a tap or two to seat it fully.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
BulletBait said:

IIRC the new side-folders use the same designation as the FS ones as the stock just bolts in without mods.
what's the version with the 74 style brake and side folding stock then?

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
1Gunner said:
BulletBait said:

what's the version with the 74 style brake and side folding stock then?
Just AIM-74
Which is the thing that gets me.

Why call the AKM47 adopted in 1963 the AIM-63
when it's only real difference is a replaceable wood fore-grip and call the new '74 model (adopted when?) the AIM-74 when it's vastly different than any other '74 out there?

Oh, those wacky Romanians.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts