AK Rifles banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Id like to thank my buddy James Newport for his service and snapping these awsome pics while there..
Also some romanian bdu's he brought back for me..

And a pic of James razzing it up !!

Romanian bdu's

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
Oh man those BDU'S.........SWEETNESS..PURE

Good refrence pics as well. Nice to see the selector markings. I like that compensator. Early gas block later style FSB..

Does anyone know how long the Romanians have been using the early syle gas block??

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
Thanks for posting the Romanian AK-74 ak_nut.

Very good reference.

Do you have any more pictures ?

I would like to look at every inch of that rifle if possible. :animak:
Alfred :wink:

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Alfred said:

Very good reference.

Sweet! Big +1!

You gonna sport those BDU's? :grin:

T

·
Registered
4,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Alfred said:

Very good reference.

I think those are the only ones he snapped..But Ill ask for more..

Did yall notice the dust cover on the brake??

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
great pic.i thought there was something funny going on in pic #1.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Interesting. Does that 74 have a 3-round burst mechanism in it like the Tantal? I'm only guessing about this due to the "3" marking on the receiver.

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
Son is home on R&R from the sandbox. He brought home a complete set of Romanian BDU's he traded for from one of the Romanians on the base. He got the pants, shirt, jacket, boonie hat, and belt with buckle and even one of their Wolf Head patches from the "Black Wolves" unit.

He tried to trade for one of their SVD's but they said NO THANKS as the M-4 has TOOOOOO MUCH PLASTIC! :lol:

He also told me the Romanians are having problems with their 74's as the ones they have are old and about completely worn out. To make up for it they DO have the best 'BAR' on the base!

·
Registered
227 Posts
Emmmm , with the "infinite" selector notch on the uppest (is this word correct ? ) position , those 74s don´t have a "safe" position? :eek:
They should have done the polish selector thing...

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Top postion = Safe, has no marking.

1rst notch down = oo, full auto.*

2nd down = 1, semi auto fire.

3rd down = 3, three shot burst.

* I don't know how to find an 'infinity' symbol, text-wise.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I like that cover on the muzzle brake too. I wonder if that is an issued item with the AIMS 74. With the selector all the way up, the bolt carrier cannot travel to the rear. It would have been nice if he found a Romanian bayonet for the 74. Very interesting pictures.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Excuse me for being arrogant, but what is sandbox? Is it some kind of box by which the weapons are delivered? But then the gun may get rusty.

·
Registered
6,723 Posts
Kahramon said:
Excuse me for being arrogant, but what is sandbox? Is it some kind of box by which the weapons are delivered? But then the gun may get rusty.

Sandbox is an American term for the Middle East desert terrain. It comes from a child's play area: a bunch of sand held in by boards on all four sides. The term "sandbox" as applied to the Middle East is American sarcasm comparing a war zone in the desert to the child's play area.

Sandbox

·
Registered
5,408 Posts
Kahramon said:
And your not "arrogant", your ignorant. :lol: (Just kidding, I had to do that, I could not resist)

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Marxist said:
One thing is bugging me , is it AIMS-74 or AIS-74 ? (because the "M" has no point here)
the romanian ak74 is referred to as the aims-74. the acronym aim is the romanian translation of akm. the romanian aims-74 has more incommon with an akm than a modern ak74 built by russia, bulgaria, germany, or poland. only the barrel caliber, the front sight, the magwell size, the carrier bolt hole, the bolt, the angle of the gas block, and the fact that the 47 barrel has a thread are different. all other parts are interchangeable. this is unique to the romanian weapons.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts