AK Rifles banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the best way to secure the gas tube piston to the bolt carrier?

The original piston was replaced with one made in the USA. From what I can tell there is a hole for a pin to go through and secure it in place. The new piston does not have a hole in it and I do not have a pin to put in there.

I noticed that the piston was loose when I was cleaning it and I just tightened it by hand but it wants to loosen up on its own. What should I do???

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
I would go to Copes dist and buy the 3mm gas piston rivit. You will have to drill into the piston and install the piston rivit, crush it and grind it down smooth. Here is a pic for Copes dist web site

·
Banned
1,611 Posts
Take a center punch and smash the visible threads on your piston.

You want the piston to be loose ( most folks tighten it down and back it up 1/4 or 1/2 turn before fixing it ).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys!

I just ordered the rivit from copes dist. I also ordered a sight tool since I need to sight this thing in.

Now all I have to do is wait for it to arrive and drill the hole for the piston.

It seems im drilling all kinds of holes in this ak. Im mounting a side rail to it too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts